masters or factions

izikial

master or faction  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

so hear it is, what's more important to you,

having the masters you like the most. :Timmy says: "I play ramos, mcmorning and zoraider cus there the best!"

do you pick based around a faction, john says: "I love arconists, rock on ill play them all"

do you pick mostly by faction except one or two, Fran says: "neverborn are so awesome and pretty, but I do think collet is pretty so I got her to"

or do you work around your club, what people don't have, and that sort of thing

Hmm., for competitive play I go by faction, usually inspired by 1 or 2 masters within that faction and I might not get everything (or get everything but not got round to assembling/painting yet), just enough to cover all bases.

Friendly play, pick a master I like and want to practice with for competitive play

Hmmmmm......I don't think there's an option for me in that poll.

I certainly pick a master, but I like to have more choices so I will normally pick two or three masters for a faction minimum.

For Guild I play 'Dita, Sonnia, and Lady J - and McCabe dual faction (I also have Lucius and Hoffman, but I don't normally play them)

For Arcanists I play Marcus, and Rasputina - and Mei dual faction (I also have Ramos and Kaeris, but don't normally play them)

For Outcasts I have the Viks, and Chuck - and Misaki dual faction

For 10T I have Misaki, Mei Feng, and McCabe (I also have Lucius, but don't normally play him)

i pick for what helps to demo and show ppl , but i really would like to pick based their cool factor lol

Noooooooooooooooooooooo, don't pick based on their cool factor! You'll end up buying everything! You'll be broke, living on the streets, addicted to miniatures! Don't go down this path...

ALONE! Let us come with you! :D

Ok, its a vrey small sample data size, but it seems people whant the masters they want and not to be faction ristricted. Maybe typical faction based tornys are out of date and we should swap to a warma/hords (I'm sry for saying these dirty words) 3 master torniment stile insted so people can buy/paint what they want and get to play what they finde cool and enjoy

I buy everything I find cool. But there isn't a faction thta I don't own at least 2 masters... (And that includes Gremlins in which I own only 2 non masters...)

I was having a discussion with a club mate about Fixed Master and Fixed faction for tournements, and part of the challenge of a tournement (to me) is doing the best out of the restrictions you have (and I often add my own restrictions just to make it extra fun for me). Most events are 3-5 games, and so if you only have 3 masters and they have no overlapping factions, then you're really not being forced to not play much with your cool toys.

There are also limited pool events, which would pretty much only work in a fixed faction at the moment (there was plenty of discussions about this with regards to the old outcast faction when each master had its own hiring pool, with almost no possible overlap).

Personally I don't tie my masters down to just the "associated figures", so I don't find using a fixed master that limiting on my options. And because of that I think there is a place for fixed faction. After all the stand alone games in the book are a fixed faction game.

There  isn't anything wrong in your suggestion, and I would certainly be interested in playing in a tournement that had those restrictions, but I would potentially turn up with the Masters of Lucas McCabe, Zoraida and Leveticus, and have access to almost the entire model range.

One of my club mates was a big fan of the first tie break in Tournements being points scored, rather than points difference, but it was tried at a tournement and most of the players said that they played the game differently, and liked that sytle less. But until it was tried no -one knew for ceratin what it would be like.