KillJoy For Rezzers?

D-A-C

Hi guys.

I absolutely hate working with metal, pinning is a pain, and models lovingly painted eventually chip.

So I have made a commmitment to only use the Plastic Kits. So far I have the Seamus and McMourning Starter Sets along with all the plastic Yan Lo crew (boxset, Yan Lo, Izamu etc).

So in order to add to my pool of models I have been taking a really taking a long hard look at Killyjoy. Not only do I love the model, but ruleswise he seems really solid.

0 Action 2/3/4 Heal (his only zero)

4/5/7 Cleaver that allows free Healing on Kills and with a tasty repeat action Trigger

Terrifying (All) 13

Black Blood

Can Start Buried

Enforcer

Those are just a few of his highlights.

So I was wondering, do you think, at a hefty pricetag of 13ss (base 12ss +1 Merc Tax) he stands up to the other heavy hitters we have such as Izamu or possibly the Undead Rider?

What Masters do you think get the most mileage out of his inclusion? Personally, I find that few of the Rezzer Masters are dependant of large fixed crews and can often slide by with a few cheap minions and an appropriate Henchman.

As an Enforcer that gives him access to Rez Upgrades, even though he is expensive, would Corpse Bloat be nasty considering his 0 Action heals and high Wound Count or are there any other shennanigans you guys can think of?

So what do we think can Killjoy bring anything to the Rezzers or do we already have enough in house that we don't need to bother.

Killjoy is all around a fantastic model who i think is worth the points in any crew, he's very self sufficient so he doesn't need much synergy, but there is a few things you can do with him, with Mcmourning you can poison him to get black blood off at the end of every turn and when he activates near Sebastion or the good doctor, and he can just heal back up very easily. With Nicodem, Killjoy is undead. You do the math. Also, considering all the Resser masters can summon, it's very easy to bring him out by throwing a cheap expendable model at your enemy and just summoning it back. Also metal Killjoy is one piece, I thought I'd just point that out.

He's also a Horror, so there's some serious synergy with Molly. I don't know a ton of details, but he's supposed to be good there, and the delivery method is too easy- Summon something in the middle of nowhere, but close enough to charge- the model come in, takes all the damage dies, and BOOM. Killjoy. I think...? Does his card say "First enemy model"?

ENinja

• Like 1

Ooh, one more dirty trick. If you bury him with Tara, you can use his melee attack to do crazy damage and heal on Tara- this also gives him a couple new ways to become unburried, short of just getting to come out when you lose a model. You can do a typical start to the turn, give him fast and a bit of damage, bury him and walk forward. Then you use his attack for as long as you're facing 1-2 guys. Then when you find a real cluster of enemies you can unbury him and so long as you can place him engaged he can go on a murderspree with fast.

Remember he can charge for 1AP. Give him the upgrade to stop enemy using soulstones and in a Tara crew he can cause real havoc against anyone.

Note it's only the first AP of each round where the charge is (1) AP. Not every AP. A fast Killjoy can't charge 3 times in a turn.

Correct, which means for those who intend to use him with Molly, like I have been, remember you cannot use Molly's limited upgrade to cause killjoy to 1ap charge. It has to be the first action on Killjoy's actual activation to utilize that ability.

Though you can ofc Reactive him with the 3" push so he can recharge an enemy he's in combat with.

I am assuming you push him out of melee engagement so that he can charge again.

I am looking for a way rebury him so that I can rinse and repeat the Bete-Killjoy tagteam.

I am hoping that the Necrotic Preparations upgrade for Ressers gets the "damage on disengaging strikes" as well as the damage if hit in melee. That is so nasty with Killjoy.

But I am always concerned that it's a lot of points in one place that can be avoided and does not necessarily help achieve the VP's to win.

Decaying Aura I think becomes almost an auto-include for killjoy types who are designed to slay as much as possible. Decaying Aura removes leaders' best defence (healing and SS use).

Apologies, but I'm confused, how are you giving him reactivate? Molly's imbue vigor was changed in early December during the beta to only work on minions. Is there another combo option I'm missing? 

phew... yep missed that, only started playing Molly last week, that makes it much fairer.