Levi Love

Scirian

There seems to be a lot of it.

I'm riding the wave.

Levi has literally the biggest hiring pool (praise be to rathnard for figuring that one out).

What are people taking with him?

Any themed crews, out of the blue, or just plain broken hires?

I took his vanilla crew during the betas:

Rusty, ashes, desolation engine, Lazarus.

Post beta I want to try some new flavor and am looking for more ideas.

Shock and Awe

Levi, Pariah of Iron 3ss

2 waifs

Peacekeeper

Howard Langston/Miss Step

Teddy

Killjoy

A list made for laying on the hurt. Able to be waif anchors, Levi can fight three front wars this way. It also has some surprising interactions with Teddy's Smell Fear giving him four attacks with Levi hitting him for more and scheme denial with a Peacekeeper. Anytime one of the big guys goes down (damn you Red joker damage flip!) killjoy pops out to do his namesake.

Another I like is Levi for president

Levi, pariah of iron

2 waifs

Joss

Johan

Howard Langston/Lazarus

Mobile toolkit

Metal gamin as needed.

Maybe large steampunk arachnid or soul stone miner for fun.

Johan keeps everyone nice and healthy with his heals, toolkit hands out tools for awful sauce, joss and arachnids creative salvage the enemies for aboms and the like. Metal gamin give themselves protection and become immortal objective grabbers.

I'd love to hear what anyone else has or would like to try.

I saw some fun lists with Vasilia and other puppets that looked promising.

These are not meant to be optimized (though if anyone has ideas in that direction...) but to push Levi's hiring down the path that rocks!

You won't go wrong with his vanilla crew.  It can cover nearly everything you'd ever want.

Killjoy is great.

If you're just looking for some of his pool and not all, you'd probably want to pick Undead or Construct and focus that way, depending on what your collection already looks like.  Keep in mind that a number of undead he likes (Necropunks, Flesh Constructs) are Constructs as well.

Seeing a Leve-based puppet list has hilarity written all over it, though I'm not sure how effective it would truly be, it would certainly win for the sake of amusement.  I think there's a lot to be said to looking at other master's crew lists and just *running them with Leveticus*.  This is basically possible for the entire Resser faction.

There's probably potential for an asian-themed Leve list that runs Kirai's spirits, Toshiro, summons Komainu and Ashigaru, hires in Torakage, etc.  In fact, I'm curious enough about that one to see if I can make it work myself.

I've played only 2 games using Leveticus since he was finalized and won both and had excellent games both times. So far I've only run him with PoI, but next time I play him will be with PoB. His core crew is rock solid and I feel that the University gang can almost be considered core for him because they can be used with Iron or Bone. My biggest problem with Leve is that his summoning suit isn't built in and you end up needing a 10+  :crow  or must spend an SS if it's an important summons, like say your 4th Abomination. I think I get that it's not built in so you can't spam Abominations to easily get your Desolation Engine, but I'd rather see a higher TN and the suit built in. But I missed the beta boat and will learn to work with what I've been given with Leveticus. It's pretty good.

There aren't any broken combos here or any perfect ultimate combos.

What's really powerful is that you can get individual models from other factions that are perfect for the schemes and strategies. Access to Necropunk, Watcher, and Crooligans (though not all at once) is wonderful. Access to Mechanical or Dead Rider is amazing. Access to Effigies is sometimes surprisingly handy.

He'll do just fine playing with his core crew, though.

Scirian- I like the idea of Levi with arachnid swarms for the auto-crow paralyse. I'd like to make a grief crew that just causes expensive models to sit around while Levi blasts anything unoccupied. Guess I'm a bit of a sadist, Iove the look of anger and frustration on an opponents face.