Sonnia and her Child building a wall.

zFiend

So not sure if this has been brought up but I just thought of an idea. Many people are saying they aren't getting that much use out of the Purifying Flame. So I present you an alternative that at least I am psyched to try out. 

Sonnia + Malifaux Child = Double Flame Wall. 

The board control you get from that combo, to me sounds like something worth to try out. I will next week and let you know how it went :)

• Like 1

So not sure if this has been brought up but I just thought of an idea. Many people are saying they aren't getting that much use out of the Purifying Flame. So I present you an alternative that at least I am psyched to try out. 

Sonnia + Malifaux Child = Double Flame Wall. 

The board control you get from that combo, to me sounds like something worth to try out. I will next week and let you know how it went :)

Don't have the card with me but does Flame not goes away when you cast the spell again? 

yeah i plan to try this out going forward to, i find her totem to be a waste of points most times so much so ive mostly stopped taking it.

Downside of this is that you need a fairly high card to get it off with the child but the amount of control you get with 2x walls is probably worth it some of the time

Don't have the card with me but does Flame not goes away when you cast the spell again? 

No, it goes away at the end of turn. However, you can take the action only once per activation. Accordingly, the Child can take it. (Marcus could make her do it a second time, too.)

yeah i plan to try this out going forward to, i find her totem to be a waste of points most times so much so ive mostly stopped taking it.

Downside of this is that you need a fairly high card to get it off with the child but the amount of control you get with 2x walls is probably worth it some of the time

He needs a 9 on a :+fate  flip. Not unreasonable to try even if you don't want to cheat it.

The Child can cast Grounded Magic and Cherufe's Shackle, as well. For both, the :-fate on damage makes no big difference, as opposed to Flame Blast. Cherufe's Shackle might be difficult to pull off, but Grounded Magic is not too bad.

No, it goes away at the end of turn. However, you can take the action only once per activation. Accordingly, the Child can take it. (Marcus could make her do it a second time, too.)

No it doesn't. "The next time this model activates or is removed from play".

Yeah, that's what I was trying to express. Even if you don't cast two walls, having the Child placing one frees up Sonnia's AP to, say, blasts things to ashes.

Indeed it does! If one wall is enough, that's a really good point! I missed that completely, sorry :D

With the popularity of the malifaux child, does give me a great idea for a conversion, as they are ment to be fanboy tag-alongs of a master I would love to convert up one for each of my masters, so a mini sonnia or a mini hoffman.

I may very well try this out myself.

• Like 1

Yeah it seems to be quite good with a master that has an important CA action. There are some totems though that I would never replace with the Child though.

On the other hand, some Masters don't have worthy Ca actions, even if their Totem isn't particularly good. Lady Justice comes to mind.

On the other hand, some Masters don't have worthy Ca actions, even if their Totem isn't particularly good. Lady Justice comes to mind.

You are absolutely correct, Justice don't want a Child :D But Scales is usually kinda useless in my opinion, I think she might like the Governor's Proxy in her crew or just use the 3 stones to get full cache.

I see all these malifaux child replacing master X totem threads and it makes me think that maybe that the child is just to good of a totem  :)

(saying that i plan to go buy one immediately!  :D )

I don't know that I would say that the Malifaux child is too good, so much as that most totems still are a bit underpowered, or difficult to use well. Remember, the Malifaux Child costs an extra SS to hire, so it is cheap, but not ridiculously so. and the lower CA makes the spell less likely as well. Thing is, most people can figure out how to use the Malichild easily, and it fits well with spell-casters. This means that it is going to look a bit over-used until someone comes out with a a crew/strategy using one of the totems it usually replaces well, simply because it takes less effort to figure out how to make the Malichild worth its cost than the totems it replaces, regardless of whether it actually is better or not.

That being said, I do like the Malichild, and think it is a great addition to the game as is. I don't know if increasing its cost(which would be the simplest way to rebalance it if it was a bit too good, which I again would dispute) would not make it too expensive.

• Like 1