Bengt's painting

Bengt

Thanks LusciousMcCabe.

Essence of Power, not sure when to use this guy and I don't remember why I bought him. But lets get him out of the painting queue! I don't know if you are expected to attach him by his foot or what, but that seems kind of iffy so I put him on some wire instead. What good is power if you can't use it to levitate anyway?

EssenceOfPower_zpseerc6zf9.jpg

• 1 month later...

Colette

Colette_zpsyszzflst.jpg

Cassandra

Cassandra_zpsvdx1kgtq.jpg

Performers

Performer1_zps22ghbih7.jpg

Performer2_zps4v3clbiw.jpg

Went with blue for the showgirls, darker as we go up the ranks. I guess Angelica will have to be somewhere between Cassie and the performs once I get her (I'm trying really hard to not buy new stuff until I get more of the old painted :P ).

I wanted the bases to fit with rest of my Arcanists but be a little more ordered so all the showgirls get a path on the base.

• Like 5

Mechanical Rider

MechanicalRider_zpsoo9gwqvi.jpg

More blue! I don't like the cyborg aspect of the rider in the concept art so I painted the "skin" bits white to make her more doll like, none of that meat-bag taint here! On the same vein I did all hair and fur in the blue fire scheme. When you think about it the mount is really kind of farting blue fire...

The Colette crew is really really good. Don't think I can pick a fave for once as each one is so good. Funny how I had no thoughts to painting this crew but yours are very inspiring and make me want to. I agree with the earlier comment, I don't normally do the eyes (lack of skill basically) but the faces on yours are so well done 

Thanks Sigmar3.

---

Mechanical Doves. Guess what colour they are! And no peeking!

MechnicalDoves_zpsnexs0mxo.jpg

Not at all impressed with the flight stand things that came with the box, they have a pretty large footprint and no obvious contact points on the models, so I went with the old trusty steel wire.

• Like 2

More Arcanists! ;)

Johan_zpsah7ydwc8.jpg

MalifauxChild_zpsavmll1ba.jpg

WIP of Johan with some commentary found in this earlier post.

Also, here is Willie which I did for the conversion contest.

Willie_zpso4beqafd.jpg

The figurine is from the multi part kits (like Johan). Seems like I always manage to get them leaning a bit oddly when I try to get them out of their very static poses. I guess I'll have to practice some more.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Carter said:

Very cleverly done with the Coryphyee basing and the bases look superb as well. I love the striking colours you used in the smoke and mirrors set, It's not helping me to hold off on buying that set :D

Thanks. Colette is a great excuse to break out the primaries (if you need one :P).

19 hours ago, Munindk said:

Are you using lentils as cobbles?

They are made from plasticard.

19 minutes ago, Tawg said:

Huh, for some reason I never pinned you as the painting type.  But certainly looks good, I really love the "Jade warrior" feel going on with Izamu.  Very cool.

Well I guess I'm not fully a "painting type". Painting for display (e.g. Iron Painter) doesn't appeal to me, but I do want my playing models to look nice. Malifaux's range and scale has also turned out to fit me quite well, the things I've wanted for mechanical reasons have aligned well with what is fun to paint. Even the 15 Steam Arachnids wasn't too bad (though I did break them up in blocks with other stuff in between) which surprised me a bit. :P 

Thanks for the compliments.

11 minutes ago, Bengt said:

Well I guess I'm not fully a "painting type". Painting for display (e.g. Iron Painter) doesn't appeal to me, but I do want my playing models to look nice. Malifaux's range and scale has also turned out to fit me quite well, the things I've wanted for mechanical reasons have aligned well with what is fun to paint. Even the 15 Steam Arachnids wasn't too bad (though I did break them up in blocks with other stuff in between) which surprised me a bit. :P 

Thanks for the compliments.

Guhhh, Iron Painter doesn't seem like it's entirely oriented around "display" painting to me.  2-weeks per paint subject seems so rushed to me.

But I am the worlds slowest painter ever, regardless of my skill (Which may or may not exist, who knows, I hardly ever finish anything).  So I'm more trying to see if I can manage to paint a sequence of 5 different subjects for the competition in general.

Motivation I think people call it?  I dunno anything about it, but you seem to have some :P

44 minutes ago, Tawg said:

Guhhh, Iron Painter doesn't seem like it's entirely oriented around "display" painting to me.  2-weeks per paint subject seems so rushed to me.

But I am the worlds slowest painter ever, regardless of my skill (Which may or may not exist, who knows, I hardly ever finish anything).  So I'm more trying to see if I can manage to paint a sequence of 5 different subjects for the competition in general.

Motivation I think people call it?  I dunno anything about it, but you seem to have some :P

With "display" I mean a model not intended for play, I'd have some serious motivation problems painting something like that. And while some themes (like "pretty in pink") can be fairly easily applied to a decent range of play models, other themes (if the previous Iron Painters are anything to go by) will take some industrial strength shoehorning :P.

Flesh Construct

FleshConstruct_zpstox23v9l.jpg

Made from The Carver, I left out the cross from the back (is Carver Jesus?) and put on some gubbins made from a Meltabomb and an Auspex and connected them with brass wire to various parts of him. I also cut off the handles on the garden scissors and used the sack head. The hole in his shirt show straw in the art but it's a rather indistinct texture on the actual model so I just painted that dark red.

Without really thinking about it I initially painted the patch that circles his arm solid red, which made him look quite a lot like a Nazi... Doing plaid is good freehand practice though, so there is that. :P 

• Like 7