lets talk about Sammy

flindo

so I was looking over Sammy and thinking if combos with her and I got to say shes good, like really good, almost sn auto include in some lists, the main plan I want to use her for is using Som'ers upgrade to pump out Gremlins while Som'er uses his respectable boomstick for once, what do you guys plan with her?

Give her encouragement with Somer. That way the big man can ping himself for the plus flips. Makes him much more accurate with that gun of his and a better summoner to boot.

Also useful with jug rocket or threatening gun to use the respective zeros for some more traditional ap multiplication.

Sammy definitely brings utility to a lot of Gremlin crews. I like the idea of slapping Encouragement on her and really ramping up a Som'er crew. The cost is the biggest deterrent for me though. Curious as to why Dumb Luck is finding her "flimsy". Her defensive tech seems fairly good. Is it the potential of the Regret trigger causing your opponents to actively work to "one shot" her with Severe damage when attacking or just the lowish wounds?

The low wounds with the combination of the low range of Jynx means she normally gets pasted.

Agree with this and would add that because she's so awesome it also puts a big target on her. I like pairing her with Trixiebelle in whatever crew so I can (almost) guarantee initiative and lock down the 2 biggest threats, then if my opponent wants to send other models after her, she acts as bait.

I like Ooo Glowy on her with Wong so he's free to take A Gremlin's Luck. 

Jug Rocket on her with Ophelia so Ophelia can be ported around with Your Turn.

Haven't tried her with any other masters yet, but if I did (and I probably would) I don't think I'd take any upgrades on her, she's good enough without.

The low wounds with the combination of the low range of Jynx means she normally gets pasted.

That makes sense. Not sure that running her offensively is her best method of employment though, to me she screams support more than anything else. Much like others have pointed out having her there for "Hero Support" carrying the Masters unused specific upgrade seems like the biggest strength.

Aside from the examples given for Wong, Ophelia and Som'er, I could see Ulix using her as a Warpig/ Piglet summon factory via the Husbandry upgrade and a Bayou Gremlin "midwife". Throw in a Slop Hauler (that was probably already there to begin with) and it could be a fairly productive build.

Aside from that Gremlin's generally are better served by hiring more models than hording Soul Stones. I still rarely run anything more than the Masters inherent Cache when playing Gremlin's (and if we were allowed to spend those on hiring, they'd be gone as well).