McMourning vs L.Justice [my first battle]

tirbar

Hi all!

Tomorrow I´m facing Lady Justice in my first battle. As we´re learning, we won´t be playing with objectives, schemes, strategies, etc. Just a fast battle of "annihilation" to keep learning the rules.

I´d like to share my list and battle plan with you: 

Resurrectionists Crew - 35 ss 

Dr. Douglas McMourning - 7 Pool 
+Evidence Tampering [2] +Moonlighting [1] +Spare Parts [2] 
Zombie Chihuahua [2] 

Sebastian [7] 
+Those Are Not Ours! [1] +Transfusion [1]
Rafkin [7] 
Canine Remains [4] 
Nurse [5] 

Plan:
First, I´d like to know if it´s OK to do this: I´m planning to cast at least 1 Guild Autopsy in the first turn, with my Canine Remains (Found a Bone) & McM spare parts. I think it´s OK right? How many GA can I cast in this way? (legally speaking, besides how the battle goes)  

If this first step is OK, the basic plan will be: Use Rafkin, Canine and the GA as my vanguard, while the nurse gives support in the second line; and finally Sebastian and the Doc. with his totem, staying in the back maximizing the poison damage (I´ll try to make a bomb of the GA) and Expunging all I can.

As I said, is my first real battle and this is just a very basic plan. What do you think?

Concerns:
Pine Box. I read just a little bit of it; and I´m not sure how to avoid it. Any advice?

Thanks guys for reading, and again, sorry if my English is not that good.

i do not think there is a limit on guild autopsys   so as many as you can do with the ap and corpse counters available id say....

while i have zero table time with McM and crew i have been reading up a bit, and it seems that the doctor and sebastian really need to be in the mix so to speak.... hanging back may be bad... sebastian especially, while fragile, does very bad things at about 6"...

as to dealing with pine box....  thoughtful positioning can go a long way here, its very short range and death marshals only have 2 ap....  do look out for judge using Stand for Judgement(is that the correct name of the ability?)   which lets him move some stuff around a bit....

as i said  zero table time but thats the general stuff ive picked up here and there

--Woe

What Zfiend said, this game really is about the scenario so even if your basic plan is to kick face, scenario should still be an option and lady J is a mean assassin..... Both Sebastian and McMourning need to be close to the front line to get off their poison combos well, and remember the nurses poison+4 can help get some expunge action going as well.

When summoning models only the models rarity counts so say a model is rare 2 that means only two can be in your crew at a time, bought or summoned doesn't matter. Guild autopsies are not rare if memory serves so you can have any number of them on the board :) summon away!

I wouldn't propably try learning the rules through Annihilation as that's not what the game is about at all and also you are just playing his game as Lady Justice is one of the killiest models in the game. 

This, I'd recommend at least flipping for a strategy.

Thank for the answers! I understand that this is not the best way to learn how to play; probably will be including every rule next time

Do you thinkg that 2 Flesh Constructs would work better than Rafkin+Canine Remains against Lady J? I didn´t  include any FC because of their low Wp: That makes them are a very easy target to Pine Box.

This, I'd recommend at least flipping for a strategy.

What do you mean Durza?

I've played a fair amount with Lady Justice, and here are some of my thoughts on the matter.

Lady Justice and the Judge can hit really hard.  Especially against undead, but they aren't particularly fast, and they can be contained.

On the whole Death Marshal's aren't the best combat troopers.  They are really good at certain things- Finish the Job and Unimpeded make them solid objective grabbers, and they are competent fighter's with their Guns and Boxes, but they aren't a particularly devastating model in combat for their high price tag of 6 soul stones.  If stuff gets boxed, you can get it back by killing the Marshalls, which Douglas should easily be able to do.  Focus on keeping Justice from reaching your McMourning, and wear his crew down.

One model you might consider to give Justice a Headache is a Guild Lawyer (since you are moonlighting). He can hand out poison with his triggers, and he can hand out paralyze with objection... for your Flesh Constructs to Devour.  Also don't underestimate the ability of Fees to soften up Lady Justice or the Judge as they churn through summoned undead.

EDIT:  One thing to be very careful of when playing against Lady Justice, is Restore Natural Order.   Justice has a nasty ability that makes it pretty easy for her to eliminate conditions (including poison) on her and the models around her, which can make life difficult for you.  Pay attention to when Justice goes in the turn, and try to combo your poison quickly with McMourning.  Don't spend a lot of effort spreading poison around the crew, only to be ruined when everything looses their status

Flesh constructs are a glorious wall of meat that can set up transfuse+expunge really simply. I know your planning on making autopsies, but I'm a big believer in starting with all the pieces you need already on the table. Then as you get expunges off you can backfill with flesh constructs and autopsies.

Honestly, getting the construct boxed is about the best thing that could happen. Everything else is mission critical and won't be summoned when you expunge the offending death marshal :)

Thanks again!

1. AKAEAN - May be I´ll try the Flesh Construct + Guild Lawyer; like that combo you mention

Justice has a nasty ability that makes it pretty easy for her to eliminate conditions (including poison) on her and the models around her, which can make life difficult for you. 

It's a pulse so it doesn't effect herself.

So, it´s better to try to kill her quickly by poisoning herself? Or keep poisoning the rest of the crew making her to use APs on removing conditions?

Thank for the answers! I understand that this is not the best way to learn how to play; probably will be including every rule next time

Do you thinkg that 2 Flesh Constructs would work better than Rafkin+Canine Remains against Lady J? I didn´t include any FC because of their low Wp: That makes them are a very easy target to Pine Box.

What do you mean Durza?

Flipping a card to determine the strategy, instead of going for just killing each other, especially against Lady J.

Also, on the pulse thing, I'm pretty sure pulses now affect the originating model unless it specifically says it doesn't. I don't have the rule book on me though so I could be wrong.

Also, on the pulse thing, I'm pretty sure pulses now affect the originating model unless it specifically says it doesn't. I don't have the rule book on me though so I could be wrong.

Rulebook states that they don't affect the model they originate from.

Sorry for being late, here´s a brief report, of a "pseudo" encounter. As I said, we just play annihilation. And as you said, I was fully annihilated :lol: 

My final list was:

Dr. Douglas McMourning -- 7 Pool
 +Palstic Surgery  
 +Moonlighting 
 +Spare Parts 

Zombie Chihuahua [2]
Guild Lawyer
Nurse [5]
Flesh Construct
Sebastian [7]
 +Those Are Not Ours! [1]

+Transfusion [1] 

My went with Lady J; Judge, 2 marshalls, the scales and Pecekeeper

During the first turns, Lady J move throw the middle of the board, getting cover from buildings. The judge on the left flank and both marshalls on the right one. Peacemaker stayed in the back.

I move my crew in a pretty close formation: FC and G Lawyer, in the front, but not more than 3´ behind them, the Nurse, McM and Sebastian. 

I make the first mistake when in the 2nd Turn, I forwarded my FC against Lady J. The problem was that se was still in cover, out of my LoS. So, she fight hard against my Frankenstein, and I couldn´t Transfuse her its poison with Sebas. So, I dedicate my efforts to the other flank... I send the Chihuahua close to the Marshalls, and with the GL shoots + CH ability I put enough poison on 1 of them, then expunge him with McM; waking up a pretty new FC  :D  ... Obviously, the first one felt downs against Lady J in the 3rd turn. 

After that, I must defend my crew from the Judge advance. He charge against my Nurse, but I use a  :mask of my hand and thanks to "hans off"; she survive, leaving him absolutely exposed to McM, Sebas and the Nurse too. Here another mistake of mine. I was blinded for the desire of waking up another FC.. so instead of attack the Judge, firstly with Sebas and then with McM (thinking that I could kill him before expunge); I tried to poison him with the Nurse and just don´t work. Then McM attack but just make him 6W.

The net turn, my flesh construct charge to the peacekeeper and the Scales. Sadly, I couldn´t kill the scales, but at least I stop it to follow and support Lady J. My enemy master, was not able to charge McM so she moved and hit him twice. He suffers 7WM and then, my last mistake: I didn´t poison him to scape from the fight with the "good shit" ability. In the 5th turn, my opponent flip a 2 for initiative, a flip a 3. He uses a SS to flip again, getting a 4  :angry:  ... so I decided to use a SS to flip again; starting this turn was the difference between life and death for the doc. And guess what? ... Yes, an Ace.  :(  :(  Was the saddest but funniest part of the battle too jejeje

I decided to end the battle right there. As McM was certainly going to be defeated and Lady J just suffer 1W; there was no chance. As it was a practice and learning battle, that was enough for a night. We played 4 turns where I´ve learned the last basics that I need to play a full game (with strategies and so on) my next time. 

Hope you enjoy the reading!!!!