Undead WIP's

Clyde_Davis

You've applied all the paints nicely so that colors don't mix and the overall impression is positive. It seems that you rely heavily on drybrushing (which is not a bad idea). However, you might consider working with washes. Applying them over the drybrushed area will give you more smoothness and the highlights will look more natural.

• Like 1

I'd go with a brown wash for that guy. Something like GW's Agrax Earthshade or Athonian Camoshade. It'll tone down the skins brightness and leave a dirty kind of finish to him likes he's be crawling out of his grave recently. It'll also add a nice amount of depth and bring out some of the detail a lot more. He looks great though!

To be honest I've never needed to but I couldn't see the harm in it. It can set quite dark if you let it but by using a decent brush you can dab on or off any excess wash that your not happy with which helps to stop it setting quite so dark on the raised areas or pooling too much in the recesses of your models. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...