Discard order from flips

Cynon

Question

Hey guys, I played hamelin last night and this came up, what order are cards discarded in relation to +/- flips? I assume the order played.

EX:

I have a ++ attack flip and flip 3 cards: 7 (red)J 8. what order are the cards discarded in?

10 answers to this question

The only stipulation I know of is that you should always put the card you used in the duel on top. So in you example the red J would go on top of those other 2 cards. but then the damage cards would go on top of those with the card you used for damage going on top.

I'm pretty sure a marshal has mentioned this somewhere,but I'm getting ready to leave so someone else will have to verify.

Oh and remember that none of the cards in a duel go to the discard pile until the duel is completely resolved

yeah thats what i figured, what about hte 7 and 8 though? and do the piles stack (I hope I am asking that right)

Example:

attack with ++ attack and ++ damage

attack : 8 RJ 7

Damage: 13 BJoker 3

the discard would be

8, 7, RJ, 13, 3, BJ?

Wouldn't the discard be 8, 7, RJ

Then cards for damage flipped, and discarded 13, 3, BJ ?

Yeah, the attack duel is done with the 8, 7, RJ. So they would be moved to the discard pile with the RJ on top.

Then, damage flip would drop and and all cards from that flip would be moved to the discard pile with the card used to damage on top, which in this case would be the BJ.

As a hamelin player I try to be verry carefull with this, I keep all cards for the current duel in a seperate pile untill its resolved, and place them on the discard pile in the fillowing way -

- all cards not used to calculate totals, in the order they were drawn

- flipped or cheated card used in the total

- soulstone card used in the total

so if the flip was 8 10 4, and I cheated the rj in and soul stoned a 6

they would go in the discard pile in the following order -

8 10 4 rj 6 (with the 6 on top)

if I hadent cheated the rj the order would be

8 4 10 6

also keep in mind that with spells the cards go on the discard pile before your oponent resists the spell (its a simple duel that is resolved to generate the casting total)

Book 1 (i don't know if it changed in the RM) says : "You may discard used cards in any order." but also that "the last card discarded should always be on top and visible to all players." which seems a bit contradictory.

There was a thread ages ago about discarding cards from your hand (where for example a spell requires you to discard two cards or suffer an effect). The ruling (I think it was Ratty) was that you discard the two together and the opponent does not need to see the one underneath the top one. In the case quoted the card underneath was the black joker, so the opponent did not know it had gone to the discard pile.

Updating this thread to remind all that the current rules (recent as of March 2018) 

Cards that have been flipped, cheated, or discarded are moved to the top of that player’s Discard Pile face up. ... When a player moves multiple cards to the Discard Pile at once, she does so in whatever order she chooses, but must show all players what cards are being moved. (Page 14. The Discard Pile). 

This thread is seven years old and from a previous edition. Just let stuff this old rest, it's more confusing to bring this up to the first page and make it seem like a current discussion than to let it rest on page 200 of the rules forum where no one goes.

When googling be sureto check the dates people. :)