Poll: which Master do you plan to start with?

Scorpio

No fair, Scoprio. You didn't let me pick two. Sonnia and Perdita are going to see some equal time for me. I'm thinking that I'll bring Sonnia for my grudge match at Gen Con against TBK, but that's Saturday.

Since you want to know who I'll start with, I guess I should pick who I'll be using for the first demo at Gen Con, which is also probably Sonnia.

As you've seen from playtesting, I'm no stranger to Ms. Ortega. She and the boys were the first crew to get fully painted, so maybe they should get the vote instead of Sonnia.

Your logic is also flawed, as you're not allowing for mix and match. Sonnia, Samael, Santiago, 2 Witchlings, and a Death Marshal makes for a pretty fun list at 30 stones. Or maybe drop a Witchling and bring Johan(na). You know I'm going to be mixing it up.

I probably shouldn't reveal my own bias, but I'm very fond of Sonnia. She was one of the first characters I wrote about for Wyrd and so her personality is much more concrete for me. She's a pragmatic, ends-justify-the-means kind of character.

Lady Jay and Perdita might be dangerous women, but Sonnia's not only dangerous because of her martial ability. You never know what she's capable of. She's stubborn and fiery and she'll burn the whole world down to get what she wants (and she almost litterally does this.)

Sonnia is probably one of the most well-rounded Masters in the game. She's got awesome spells, she's got a pistol if she needs it, and she's got the potential to be as brutal in combat as any of them. (yes, with the right spells and cards, she can every bit as effective as Lady J or Lilith. trust me)

I love the Ortegas as a whole, but Sonnia definitely gets my vote in a 1 : 1 : 1 comparisson.

Of all the statistics that we came up with I think I am most proud of how Santiago came out. He really is that cool.

I have to agree, he went from a pretty boring character to something really awesome in just a couple quick late beta revisions. And his fluff and stats really reflect the badassness of his model.

Edit: But I still love little Nino as well. And even wacky Papa Loco.

I voted Lady J since she is the one who has the death marshel. One of the units in the game that got me interested in finding out more. She looks more badass to me then the other two. As far as what she does I dont know that yet so it's a guess on weather I get her first.

Ortega does have some great rules from what we have seen so far so I'm excited to them too.

• 3 weeks later...