Modular Malifaux City Terrain

wisdomknight

If there was a 3d printable gothic/victorian city terrain system/set that was very modular and very versatile, would you consider getting a 3d printer?

FEATURES such as:

- horizontal and vertical connection system

- over a half dozen roof textures

- modular roofing allowing thousands of building shapes/sizes

What would you like to see in a Malifaux-esque terrain system?

• Like 1

As someone who is currently fixing a friend's 3D printer after using it for a bit, I'd want to know more about the specifics of the terrain system before committing to a printer.

Because I've seen some buildings that looked nice in the renderer that weren't practical to print, sometimes for reasons like separation and warping, sometimes due to obnoxious support requirements.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, solkan said:

As someone who is currently fixing a friend's 3D printer after using it for a bit, I'd want to know more about the specifics of the terrain system before committing to a printer.

Because I've seen some buildings that looked nice in the renderer that weren't practical to print, sometimes for reasons like separation and warping, sometimes due to obnoxious support requirements.

There would be no support requirements, all tiles would be ready to go without anything else required by the end user.

You can check out the Tilescape terrain system, though this new terrain set would make use of the new Tilescape 2.0.

The Kickstarter will be this summer, most likely July.

For those interested, if you follow Rocket Pig Games on either Facebook or on Kickstarter itself, you wil get updates on this project and the actual date when the KS goes live.

Any suggestions on what Malifaux players might want to see is very much appreciated.

For example, trains, train track tiles, portals, street props, etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wisdomknight said:

There would be no support requirements, all tiles would be ready to go without anything else required by the end user.

You can check out the Tilescape terrain system, though this new terrain set would make use of the new Tilescape 2.0.

The Kickstarter will be this summer, most likely July.

For those interested, if you follow Rocket Pig Games on either Facebook or on Kickstarter itself, you wil get updates on this project and the actual date when the KS goes live.

Any suggestions on what Malifaux players might want to see is very much appreciated.

For example, trains, train track tiles, portals, street props, etc.

Cool, victorian looking scatter terrain seems to always be in demand...

Persobally I'd like ramps (bridges are less interesting as wonky things happen with models on different height levels above one another), victorian ruins, odd stuff for Old Malifaux and 18th-19th century style city blocks that can be placed side to side  forming streets and fill a board yet be varied. Oh, and rows of city block facades! Someone did this some time ago and used them make the table represent a city squarr with rows of housr facades forming edges to the table! Should be perfect for 3d printing!

14 minutes ago, tmod said:

Cool, victorian looking scatter terrain seems to always be in demand...

Persobally I'd like ramps (bridges are less interesting as wonky things happen with models on different height levels above one another), victorian ruins, odd stuff for Old Malifaux and 18th-19th century style city blocks that can be placed side to side  forming streets and fill a board yet be varied. Oh, and rows of city block facades! Someone did this some time ago and used them make the table represent a city squarr with rows of housr facades forming edges to the table! Should be perfect for 3d printing!

Thanks so much for the suggestions!

I think Malifaux players will be very happy with what we have planned.

No one has really given much attention to a modular city for Malifaux like what we are doing.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 7/5/2018 at 10:24 PM, prof_bycid said:

Yea---this may be the product that pushes me over the fence I have been sitting upon.  I hope to see RP at GenCon again.

Wait until you see Gothic City in a couple of weeks!!!

The GOTHIC CITY Kickstarter will go LIVE in early January, a couple weeks most likely.
It will be a massive line to make an entire Industrial Fantasy City.
I wont be surprised if the individual piece count easily exceeds a thousand different parts.

KS_GC_AD2.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, prof_bycid said:

Yup----that did it.  The happy whining of a 3-D printer is now a regular feature at my place.

Well you wont be disappointed!

Sign up for our newsletter and/or follow us on Facebook and you will get a notice when we are LIVE on KS asap.

There will be 100 early bird pledges available for our loyal followers.

This terrain will be so perfect for Malifaux gaming I cant even tell you!

When you see the train and train station every Wyrdo is going to want one!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...