Mah + manifest destiny + do over

cfrag

So, I was reading manifest destiny and I wondered: there's nothing stopping me from taking do over, drawing the 2 cards then, after discarding the cards, draw them again because of manifest destiny. 

So I have 2 questions:

1) am I overlooking something here?

2) the way I read it, I only draw 1 card, even though I discard 2. Is my reasoning correct?

I haven't seen this written before, hence my doubts

D'oh! I was theory crafting about ways to cycle cards with manifest destiny without using criers, and somehow made the mistake of thinking that do over worked like using a soulstone during draw phase.

So, my card cyclers are "get of my land", one of the 0 actions and defensive stance. So I get to cycle 2, maybe 3 cards as turn. Not terrible...

23 hours ago, cfrag said:

D'oh! I was theory crafting about ways to cycle cards with manifest destiny without using criers, and somehow made the mistake of thinking that do over worked like using a soulstone during draw phase.

So, my card cyclers are "get of my land", one of the 0 actions and defensive stance. So I get to cycle 2, maybe 3 cards as turn. Not terrible...

You get 5 cards:

Get off my Land

(O) action

Three times defensive stance.

But you are using  the whole master's activation, so getting those three extra cards is quite meh :/

14 hours ago, Dominion said:

Three times defensive stance.

My interpretation for defensive stance is that you use #AP and discard 1 single card to get #:+fate to defense duel flips.

But then again, I don't think there's anything in the rules that stop me from doing it 3 times as a single AP action. Still, like you just said, it's hardly worth it. I guess I really must try a crier with mah

On 18/03/2018 at 8:45 PM, solkan said:

Taking (1) Defensive Stance three times instead of (3) Defensive Stance once in order to discard three cards should be perfectly legal, it's just usually sub optimal. 

I was doing this very thing the other day turn one, cycling a lousy hand with a gremlin crier. 4 lots of (1) defensive stance with two models that were about to be carried by Iron Skeeters anyway, plus things like Earl Burns card discard. Works alright if you’re desperate for a better hand.

I've always liked using defensive stance when luck gets me a trashy hand, so it makes sense to grab a crier to offset this a bit. However, this by itself was not enough reason for me to buy the criers. I had a game with may this weekend and I could definitely see the crier bringing so much value it can easily become one of those "must have" models when playing her.