Anyone else excited to try Flying Piglets as Pigapault ammo?

Flinroz

If you take a Taxidermist and summon a turn, then the Flying piglet can walk on the turn it is summoned (due to slow), then the next turn it can walk and charge the Pigapult to get into position to be sacrificed. You can cheat to miss the attack, or just take the one damage due to Pigapault armor. 

Lets you get off a Baconload every turn, and the pigs don't need to be summoned anywhere near the Pigapault to be able to get in range. 

20 minutes ago, Flinroz said:

If you take a Taxidermist and summon a turn, then the Flying piglet can walk on the turn it is summoned (due to slow), then the next turn it can walk and charge the Pigapult to get into position to be sacrificed. You can cheat to miss the attack, or just take the one damage due to Pigapault armor. 

Lets you get off a Baconload every turn, and the pigs don't need to be summoned anywhere near the Pigapault to be able to get in range. 

The speed at which the Flying piglets can get back there is nice, but they will end up doing 2 damage if they hit on the attack, not 1.   (poison will get applied).  And while the Flying Piglet is only Ml 4, the 'Pult is Df 1, so I don't relish the thought of cheating to make sure the attack misses.

I think it's something that can be done 1 or *maybe* two times per game, or else you'll break the Pigapult, which would be embarrassing.

edit:  I get that it heals one when it eats the flying piglet, but it's still going to pile on an annoying amount of damage as the piglet comes crashing in.

I did not remember that they did poison. 

Hmm, while they can get three walks then, or charge the Flying Piglet that has yet to be sacrificed that turn. 

Plan adjustment, but I am still excited to try out the Pigapult using them as an ammo source.

Ehh it’s fine but it’s nothing to write home about. I feel like the efficient way to get sacrificial swine is to kill summoned bayou with skeeters to make an extra skeeter & a corpse. Which basically means you get 2 corpse markers for one summoned model. Even though that’s decent it requires a good amount of resources. Though at least it helps mitigate the absurd cost of the pigapult.

Something like this doesn’t seem terrible. 

Declared Faction: Gremlins 
Crew Name:  50ss 
Leader: Somer Teeth Jones - Cache:(4)
   Do Over 1ss 
   Family Tree 2ss 
Skeeter 2ss 
Raphael LaCroix 6ss 
   Dirty Cheater 1ss 
Gremlin Taxidermist 7ss 
   Dirty Cheater 1ss 
Survivor 4ss 
Survivor 4ss 
Lightning Bug 5ss 
Bayou Gremlin 3ss 
Bayou Gremlin 3ss 
Bayou Gremlin 3ss 
Pigapult 8ss 

I guess if the situation is such that you need another pig it’s nice to be able to get it back to the pigapult quickly.

Also I think in the right pool the pigapult has game. (Take prisoner and public demo seem like decent schemes for the pigapult.) 

19 minutes ago, Dominion said:

Or use The Sow as ammo.

For only 8SS you get 3 turns of shooting without The Need of cards or corpse markers or whatever.

Hmm, for some reason I thought that the Pigapault could only sacrifice HT1 pigs. This is something I'll be trying as well.

7 hours ago, Mr Janje said:

Shame you can't sac them as Stuffed Piglet Ammo :(

I've never had much luck with using the Stuffed as ammo, due to the -1 Sh ans the inability to cheat damage.