What's a good monster hunter list for perdita?

JosephCurwen

5 minutes ago, JosephCurwen said:

I would try that swapping nino when I need scheme denial. Why the jury though? It looks a lot card hungry especially if I use obey a lot on hunters or enemy models. Rhe emissary extra suit is free for one more soulstone.

I believe monster hunters have a mean mask trigger? Haven't got the app handy.

6 hours ago, JosephCurwen said:

I would try that swapping nino when I need scheme denial. Why the jury though? It looks a lot card hungry especially if I use obey a lot on hunters or enemy models. Rhe emissary extra suit is free for one more soulstone.

6 hours ago, Ludvig said:

I believe monster hunters have a mean mask trigger? Haven't got the app handy.

Not for the monster hunter.  I find that both frank and perdita like the heal that Jury brings, that extra stone is a real nice deal.  My experience has been Perdita likes the mask not just for her cast.   Sometimes getting that plus to damage is really useful to provide some certainty.

What do you think of obey perdita? Can obey be used on a model of your own?

I see myself taking nino if the opponent play a crew with a lot of scheme running or abuela in the case of an opponent with big model where the extra (1) action done by hunters and abuela with hair trigger do damage

I'm starting to see some interesting play with nellie too

3 hours ago, JosephCurwen said:

What do you think of obey perdita? Can obey be used on a model of your own?

I see myself taking nino if the opponent play a crew with a lot of scheme running or abuela in the case of an opponent with big model where the extra (1) action done by hunters and abuela with hair trigger do damage

I'm starting to see some interesting play with nellie too

I enjoy her obey but the general wisdom is that you will rarely find that its better than just killing.  But general wisdom is not always right.

Obey vs damage also comes down to what you are trying to do. If you kill a few models and then walk and enemy close to something terrifying to have it paralyzed so you can get the Gathered intel condition on several of your own models that is considerably more powerful than shooting it to death and losing VP on the strat because they had the condition on one of their models you didn't kill.

If an unwounded Joss just started scoring for bodyguard it's quite handy to walk him back outside of the scoring area after he went that turn instead of plinking away at him, considerably less ap investment. If you have take prisoner or something on a model you also really don't want to kill it.

I think people not using Perdita's obey comes down to her not being taken in the kind of pool where it would be great to do obeys. She usually gets picked when you're trying to table your opponent. People seem to prefer Nellie or Lucius for sneaky control schemes if they even try to do those at all, killing is usually a more popular approach since it is a very effective AP control and killy schemes are often a lot easier than the control type schemes.

Just now, Ludvig said:

Haha, terrain and heights that instant kill you would make obey pretty useful. Sounds almost unplayable, wouldn't want o face a belle spam or Zoraida on such terrain.

It's not like they actually died instantly, but it was a pretty good way of getting easy 3-6 damage.