Alternate Starter Set crew

wafew

So I've been getting new people to try malifaux, and I've been doing it by playing the starter set and going through the 5 missions. So far I've gone through all the missions with 3 different friends. I still have a few more friends I'd like to teach malifaux too, but I'd like to change things up a little bit by not having the same crew everytime.

What are some similar crews that you guys can think of that would be fun to learn malifaux with? ( 2 same minions, 1 enforcer, 2 henchman )

( I mostly play neverborn )

ive noticed alot of people suggesting using the henchmen hardcore crews for teaching people and i believe it is the same number of models that come in the starter set.

other than that i would pick up a couple crew boxes that are not neverborn or guild and run those without the master using the material from the starter set.

I've run these two against each other:

Samael, handler, three witchlings.

Barbaros, two young nephilim, two tots. Some sort of upgrade on Barbs to even the stones out.

I've also started painting but haven't finished:

Sebastian w. those are not ours, Rafkin (or Rogue Necro, not sure), canines.

You could probably do a fun swamp crew with the Spawn Mother or Juju.

The starter set figures were designed to be used to teach, so no triggers on the minions and avoiding complex mechanics like summoning. But if the people you are using it for are unlikely to be too confused by that sort of extra complexity then you could easily use just about anything.