Hungry lands and swamp things

Ludvig

I'm going to be using avatar Zoraida pictured below (not my work) as my emissary. To differentiate between hungry land markers from the emissary and consuming land markers from Lilith I though I would replace the grumpy dude behind Zoraida with a snakepit and make the hungry lands into snakepits to tie in with the model. This leaves me one grumpy swamp dude that I'm not sure what to do with. Any suggestions what he would make a good proxy for?

pic1100636_md.jpg

16 minutes ago, Philosfr said:

Do you already have Bad Juju? It looks like the old metal Bad Juju, and since he hangs out with Zoraida, I think that was intentional

Yeah, I actually have her old metal set but good suggestion! Maybe I shpuld have specified that I have her set and McTavish as well as plastic waldgeists.

Maybe it could be that spidery thing that buries itself? It looks like some sort of shadow-being with a little imagination.

17 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Yeah, I actually have her old metal set but good suggestion! Maybe I shpuld have specified that I have her set and McTavish as well as plastic waldgeists.

Maybe it could be that spidery thing that buries itself? It looks like some sort of shadow-being with a little imagination.

Bandersnatch? Paint it in blues and blacks and purples with glowing red eyes?

Grootslang, they are camouflaged hunters that live underground?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Azkral said:

Its as big as a starter kit. It should have ht 20.

Haha, I respect Wyrd's decision to go big, it is a mythical elephant snake after all!

Unfortunately the price and transportation implications kind of make it hard for me to justify getting the official model. 

26 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Haha, I respect Wyrd's decision to go big, it is a mythical elephant snake after all!

Unfortunately the price and transportation implications kind of make it hard for me to justify getting the official model. 

Having just painted it... it's sort of hard to decide how to paint it too. The range of textures and skin features left me baffled!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Azkral said:

The problem is that you want to put miniatures over them, so they must be almost plain. I wanted just to use painted bases.

Did you see the gators in my link? I'm just going to put water effect around them. I've used that thickness for all my markers so far and it hasn't caused any problems.

I guess with the silly amount of markers that Lilith, the emissary, a grootslang and a few waldgeists will be putting out I might run into stacking problems at some point.

Oh, someone else is better for this.  I just have off memory.  It is an upgraded will 'o wisp with the same "lure" type call forcing next walk towards this model.  It had something to do with scheme marker placing or being a scheme marker or something and its attack healed it.  It also had a tactical 2 (to be used by wisp) that did some damage.  And I think it had a 0 but can't recall what it did.

Tanks Sol! Sounds interesting as well.

I had intended to try my new gator markers yesterday but since my entire crew had black blood I swapped them for her new blood upgrade instead. As it turned out I would probably have had a hard time getting good use out of the markers so it was just as well. The scheme markers from killing models with black blood didn't come up once and the cards mostly sifted trash from the deck for me but that heal was amazing for her! Barbaros forcing everyone to attack him and getting healed by Lilith proved to be pretty great, I don't get why people give him such a hard time, he was easily my mvp for that game. I was up against a thematic Collodi list with a very limited model pool which I think gimped his game a bit. Considering I was playing a grow list and had forgotten Lilitu and my matures at home I'd say we were pretty matched in terms of list optimisation. Nephilim are kind of meh against non-living stuff, especially my two young felt cheated out of their fast. Lilith rooting Collodi was 100% awesome though, I hate that sneaky puppet!

As for Lilith's upgrade selection I don't see how I will ever leave home without wicked mistress and beckon malifaux, they just handle so many problems. I think the dangerous terrain one will end up working well with those two. I did find myself missing the wings of darkness since there was a big forest smack in the middle of the board so charging her in with her (0) up would have been nice but the healing saved my bacon and allowed me a 9-8 win so in the end it proved very useful.

16 hours ago, Ludvig said:

Would you be ablr to give me a rough look at Adze do? Don't have the new book.

It's got incorp, can count as a scheme marker where you discard a card if the marker would be discarded, and if the Whispers in the Night condition ends on a model within a small aura of it the model suffers 2 damage. Got a 1" 2/3/4 Ml with a built in trigger to heal the damage inflicted, has The Wisps Call, a (0) to give the Stunned condition, and a (2) tactical action that causes a model to pass a Wp duel or suffer 3/4/5 with a boost to the Wp duel if the model isn't within a certain distance of a model it considers friendly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ludvig said:

Thanks @santaclaws01!

It sounds like I need wisps to make it worthwhile. I could see that for Lilith running a swamp crew.

I think they'll be perfectly fine running off doing their own thing both being scheme markers and hunting enemy scheme runners. I'm most interested in using them in a Titania crew.

• Like 1