Fazza92

38 minutes ago, McSkip said:

So, how would be a modern Sonnia List look like? My ideas are:

Investigator for card draw and some pushes

Loco with numb the world

watcher and effigy

Queller to get around armour and to get rid of annoying defensive triggers

Phiona for transparancy

Queller is relatively useless, as they can't buff Sonnia and she isn't struggling with triggers anyways. She will also still greatly benefit from having Franc around, as her Df was not changed.

• Like 1

Francisco still seems like a good bet to me. Not sure what else, I guess it would depend on the mission and board. I still think the child for double walls has a place on a lot of boards so a child is still likely to make my list. The effigy is always a no-brainer to me. She will likely use the buff and if she's not in any real danger its a good schemer.

4 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Against pesky Sandeep lists with triple mages I would imagine the threat of that trigger to be pretty significant @4thstringer. :D 

Noone in my meta plays that Sandeep list.  They don't believe in the Mages.  And they don't have any trouble beating me into dust with other Sandeep lists.  My record against arcanists is way worse than it is against anyone else (Marcus and Arcanist Mei also gives me fits).

Just now, 4thstringer said:

Noone in my meta plays that Sandeep list.  They don't believe in the Mages.  And they don't have any trouble beating me into dust with other Sandeep lists.  My record against arcanists is way worse than it is against anyone else (Marcus and Arcanist Mei also gives me fits).

Do they have casts in their lists though?

Just now, Ludvig said:

Do they have casts in their lists though?

I honestly haven't played Sonnia into it, because I don't play much Sonnia.  Yeah, a few.  Not as many as you would expect.  I ran a Lucius disrupt magic crew into it once, and that was the closest i've gotten.  It was also interference, so between Sandeep and Mech rider eventually summoned more than I could deal with, even with all the negatives.

2 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

I honestly haven't played Sonnia into it, because I don't play much Sonnia.  Yeah, a few.  Not as many as you would expect.  I ran a Lucius disrupt magic crew into it once, and that was the closest i've gotten.  It was also interference, so between Sandeep and Mech rider eventually summoned more than I could deal with, even with all the negatives.

McCabe is my favourite pick against arcanists. Nimble executioners are the bane of all riders and Joss isn't too fond of the saber. Guess that's not super relevant to this thread. 

Gremlins and Neverborn seem like something Sonnia should be able to handle. With the look of the new quarter strat you might see less summons and SOnnia's entourage of elite dudes might stand a better chance.

• Like 1

Just now, Ludvig said:

McCabe is my favourite pick against arcanists. Nimble executioners are the bane of all riders and Joss isn't too fond of the saber. Guess that's not super relevant to this thread. 

Gremlins and Neverborn seem like something Sonnia should be able to handle. With the look of the new quarter strat you might see less summons and SOnnia's entourage of elite dudes might stand a better chance.

I am really looking forward to trying that Strat.  I haven't flipped it in my playtesting yet, but the new strats have otherwise been really interesting to me.  

11 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

I think the reason you are not doing so well against them might be that you play some weird ass lists. :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Rostislav said:

As for me, Sonnia doesn't need summon upgrade.
We have to build the list accoarding to the pros and cons of masters.

Sonnia doesn't have enough resourses to summon Stalkers and usually has to spend precious action to ger into 10' summon range

no, the new summon upgrade.  (That list wasn't serious tho)

Hahaha, I'm solidly with Myyrä on this. :D

Dropping a Lucius disrupt magic list in interference vs one of the absolutely best masters played with a model that has gotten Cuddlerata three times seems like you are setting yourself up to fail. In my experience Lucius doesn't have the oomph to keep up with a summoner in interference, he likes interacts like headhunter and stuff.

3 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Hahaha, I'm solidly with Myyrä on this. :D

Dropping a Lucius disrupt magic list in interference vs one of the absolutely best masters played with a model that has gotten Cuddlerata three times seems like you are setting yourself up to fail. In my experience Lucius doesn't have the oomph to keep up with a summoner in interference, he likes interacts like headhunter and stuff.

To be fair, it was in our 3 list "win and lose the list" round robin league, so I had to use that list or my perdita elite murdery list.  And since I thought the anti-cast tech would jam him up, I was really disappointed when it didn't work.  That list won it's other two games, though the one against Ulix I was down to just lucius by the end, having lost both thralls.  

I run into trouble against sandeep because my mindset against summoners is to go at them early, but "Deep" is so survivable that I'm pretty helpless.

• Like 1

Just now, Myyrä said:

In my experience, Lucius just isn't very good.

Most of my experience is from pre errata when we was solidly crap. Post errata I've won a couple of games. Strats like headhunter and that one with five center line markers where making a bunch of models interact while engaged has worked well for me. The old condition schemes are also good for him since he can get them done qhile denying.

5 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

I run into trouble against sandeep because my mindset against summoners is to go at them early, but "Deep" is so survivable that I'm pretty helpless.

You probably run into trouble against Sandeep because he is frankly overpowered. Summoning without resources while also being a damage dealer and getting extra ap for himself as well as offering buff abilities for other models while also being survivable. He has too much stuff going on and nothing he can't do really well. Sonnia can deal some damage and sometimes summon for massive resources after setting up a pretty tricky situation. Lucius can support other models, the two of them combined still can't do what Sandeep does on his own.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

You probably run into trouble against Sandeep because he is frankly overpowered. Summoning without resources while also being a damage dealer and getting extra ap for himself as well as offering buff abilities for other models while also being survivable. He has too much stuff going on and nothing he can't do really well. Sonnia can deal some damage and sometimes summon for massive resources after setting up a pretty tricky situation. Lucius can support other models, the two of them combined still can't do what Sandeep does on his own.

I love talking to arcanist players and offering trades.  I might have to see what he thinks of that one. "you give us Deep and his upgrades, and you get all of sonnia and lucius's upgrades along with a master that is a sonnia/lucius hybrid with sonnia's stat line and all of both sonnia and lucius's abilitys and actions."

EDIT: I offered it to my friend who plays Sandeep the most.  He had no interest.

• Like 1