Take Pride in Outcasts Play

SurreyLee

Fairly new to outcasts and I don't see too much comment on our very own CR7 member, Pride. On the face of it there are a lot of models he's competing with the points cost but his card discarding mechanic or damage is in my opinion fairly powerful. He seem such a resource drain for the oppo to deal with, i just wonder why i don't see him talked about. 

Enlighten me.

• Like 1

Because for 8 points you get Sue who does a lot more.

There's usually no room for a second 8 ss model in Outcasts, especially since we have so many good 10ss models.

Then again, the master getting the most mileage out of Pride is Jack who is way better off taking Sue, Envy, Greed and Lust.

I don't see a consistent build with Pride in it, honestly.

But why listen to the internets?

They will tell you that Strongarm Suit and Lazarus are good models and that Hodgepodge Emissary isn't (for me the opposite has always been true).

If Pride works in your games, go to town with him.

• Like 5

Hes not bad. Hes just too expensive.
You get a sue, a nix a mad dog for that  price range. and they are less prone to dying and better at dealing damage.
His aura is nice but... he suffers from the same weakness old montresor suffered. Youwant him to get in the heatof things and annoy and tarpit the enemy but... he justtt dies too easily.
His damage seems fine but can be negated easily. Your oppoent is allways able to pick the the better choice. Damage or cards.
ANd well... mad dogs and  sues damage is just as fine as well... :(
Sadly i dont see many of the crossroad seven models get  any play at  all. most are 1-2 points overpriced.
And  gettiing 3 min damage 3 rapid fire shotgun shells to the face is most often a better drain of cards than pride could provide.

For a rather pointless exercise you can take Creeping Terror on him, use Guilty to make Hamelin Tormented, and make his No Charge aura 7" instead of 6". I'm not sure under what niche circumstances you'd want to, but the option is there.

5 hours ago, Freman said:

For a rather pointless exercise you can take Creeping Terror on him, use Guilty to make Hamelin Tormented, and make his No Charge aura 7" instead of 6". I'm not sure under what niche circumstances you'd want to, but the option is there.

Take that with Anna Lovelace in Close against Viks. Laugh maniacally and tattoo "NOPE" on your forehead.

• Like 5

On 2017-6-2 at 4:46 PM, Freman said:

No.

Then that's probably the real reason you never see them.  The most expensive box set in the game and you'll barely get any use out of it.  You're either using one model occasionally, or the whole thing as a theme crew in a social match.  

You never see Pride because nobody owns the damn thing :P