Welcome to Wyrd Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Icaruswings

Humans in the Bayou and Gremlins in human areas

9 posts in this topic

I just bought and read the hand that feeds penny dreadful and want to run it, my group is composed of humans, how's the treatment of humans in the bayou? are there any humans? are Gremlins hostile or friendly? In a less important question, are there gremlins in the north hills and malifaux city?

thanks in advance

There are probably a fair amount of humans in the Bayou; especially in the town of Edgepoint (from the TTB "Into the Bayou" book) which is nominally held by the Guild. Explorers, hunters, smugglers... there's a meat distributor in Malifaux who receives and sells Bayou pig in secret (Peregrine's Porcine Products), so he's likely got connections to the Gremlins and men to act as envoys. Through The Breach also has Bayou Born who seem to be human kids kidnapped from the city and raised in the swamps? 

3 hours ago, Icaruswings said:

I just bought and read the hand that feeds penny dreadful and want to run it, my group is composed of humans, how's the treatment of humans in the bayou? are there any humans? are Gremlins hostile or friendly? In a less important question, are there gremlins in the north hills and malifaux city?

Just from the various Malifaux stories, gremlin treatment of humans is going to be as varied as human treatment of humans.  It ranges from peaceful trading, to a particularly nasty tale.  The gremlins do seem, after all, to be imitating people for their own purposes.  Unpredictable, at best, especially if dealing with strangers.

In a place like Malifaux, lots of ways for gremlins to get in to the city without going through the Guild checkpoints.  

4 hours ago, Icaruswings said:

thanks in advance

"Into the Bayou" supplement is well worth having, btw, just for the background material.... 'course, I say that about all of the TtB supplements! :P

1 person likes this

thanks for the responses, i figured out how I'm running that adventure as humans.

I'm about a fortnight away from getting 'Into the Bayou' but wanted to ask: is there any official Guild policy on Gremlins?  For example, does the Guild see them as a menace?  Have they ever authorised a bounty system (eg Scrip for Gremlin ears as proof of kill); are they interested in eradicating or at least making the Gremlins fear the Guild, or do they just leave them alone? 

1 hour ago, Undercover_Guildsman said:

I'm about a fortnight away from getting 'Into the Bayou' but wanted to ask: is there any official Guild policy on Gremlins?  For example, does the Guild see them as a menace?  Have they ever authorised a bounty system (eg Scrip for Gremlin ears as proof of kill); are they interested in eradicating or at least making the Gremlins fear the Guild, or do they just leave them alone? 

There is a bounty for every gremlin corpse brought in, and there are stories about gremlin attacks in the northern hills as well as on Latigo specifically to get Perdita's hat which will likely make the Guild see them as a threat, if not a small one.

On 6/16/2017 at 11:59 AM, Steamtastic Vagabond said:

There is a bounty for every gremlin corpse brought in, and there are stories about gremlin attacks in the northern hills as well as on Latigo specifically to get Perdita's hat which will likely make the Guild see them as a threat, if not a small one.

This is very handy information that makes for some interesting decision-making in my campaign.  Do you know how much each Gremlin is worth?