Collection Advice

H4ml3t

Emissary is the first thing I thought of.  Goes well with Lady J and is a really cool model to boot.

I haven't looked carefullly at the new death marshall recruiters, but I bet they would look pretty good with a lady J crew too.

Finally, the Brutal Effigy is a nice little model which would fit the theme and works well with LJ.

• Like 3

4thtringer has some really solid advice above. Not sure what else you would want that isn't in a master's box. Maybe hounds or austringers, hounds because youmay at some point need cheap activations and austringers because austringers ;)

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

4thtringer has some really solid advice above. Not sure what else you would want that isn't in a master's box. Maybe hounds or austringers, hounds because youmay at some point need cheap activations and austringers because austringers ;)

Moreover, if he buys the emissary, austringers and scheme runners such as dogs, he could do the trick of teleporting Lady J across the field.

• Like 2

I always recommend picking up a Pathfinder.  He is really effective operating away from the rest of the crew with his solid equipment, from the shadows, and ability to summon clockwork traps.  In my opinion the Pathfinder is one of Guild's top minions and I like him with most masters.  Against a lot of crews clockwork traps can slow them down significantly- taking away an ability to charge, threatening with slow when they activate, and taking disengaging strikes.   I've had turns where I walk, throw a trap into somebody's face, then walk back into cover.  You can also use them to protect an objective marker, or just generally clog up movement lanes your opponent needs to use.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Corn said:

ent, from the shadows, and ability to summon clockwork traps.  In my opinion the Pathfinder is one of Guild's top minions and I like him with most masters.  Against a lot of crews clockwork traps can slow them down significantly- taking away an ability to charge, threatening with slow when they activate, and taking disengaging strikes.   I've had turns where I walk, throw a trap into somebody's face, then walk back into cover.  You can also use them to protect an objective marker, or just generally clog up movement lanes your opponent nee

I agree.  I think Lady J. really benefits from tarpit models in her crew, keeping their crew busy while she gets her murder on.  The traps can really stymie the movement of crews which lack a good way to deal with them.

Witchling Stalkers are also a nice choice for Lady Justice.  They don't fit as thematically with Lady Justice but they are solid minions in any crew.  Dispel Magic is one of those things that can change the outcome of a game by removing a key condition and freeing up your models- especially since a Witchling Stalker is one of the only ways you can clear conditions from Justice.  They also make good minions for Justice to Inspire, as they appreciate :+fate flips on their ml6 shattered blades.  A box of Witchling Stalkers are a great add on to pretty much any Guild Master, they are our main source of in faction condition removal and as such will always be useful.  

The other nice thing about Witchling Stalkers is that if your guy does decide to get into Sonnia later, she'll want more than the 3 Stalkers that come in her box because she can potentially summon them with one of her upgrades- having 6 in your bag in case Sonnia gets some lucky Summons off is essential to any Sonnia player.