GG2017 and Outcasts

daniello_s

So we have new GG which are more focused (in general) on scheme and other markers rather than killing stuff. How do you see those in the light of our faction?

I think Hodgepodge Emissary finally might be more useful than it was in the past especially with Dig Their Graves scheme. Also Hidden Trap can be pulled at the end of the last turn with his (0)AP action to put extra scheme markers with nearby friendly models.

Any thoughts?

• Like 3

We got sturdy minions in the form of Woukou Raiders and Dead Outlaws, that's a recipe for Tail'em

Claim Jump and Hidden Trap will be a cakewalk with the Emissary and Parker

Frame for Murder being suited means we'll see more of Jack and Tara who can kill models without being blamed for it

Eliminate the Leadership means Levi is not an auto-loss of 2 VP

not sure about Accusation or how to do it in general, but we've got so many mobility tricks with Wave 4 that there might be a way

Dig their Graves and Leave your Mark might be good to do

Recover Evidence is pretty much Headhunter, so Jack got that covered

Last Stand is cool, it just has Jack  written all over it; Von Schill might even see play, given his low model count and how he kinda wants multiple 10SS models.

Now that we have had a bit of time with these new schemes and strats, how are you all feeling about them? What do you like in Outcasts, and where are we a bit less strong? I have only got a couple of games in so far - the increased frequency of Frame for Murder seems good, since an Outcast list often has a model that it's dangerous to keep alive, and Last Stand worked well (given that the strat and other schemes didn't demand my crew to be all over the place).

Jack Daw has thus far been very effective for me in GG17.  His obey and push effects have been very helpful in getting markers where needed.  Also his ability to kill things without having to take credit for it using his "upgrades" can get around the now suited Frame for Murder.

8 hours ago, apes-ma said:

Now that we have had a bit of time with these new schemes and strats, how are you all feeling about them? What do you like in Outcasts, and where are we a bit less strong? I have only got a couple of games in so far - the increased frequency of Frame for Murder seems good, since an Outcast list often has a model that it's dangerous to keep alive, and Last Stand worked well (given that the strat and other schemes didn't demand my crew to be all over the place).

what did you play in last stand?

I find that scheme extremely hard to score :/

Levi's Rider list would be a natural for last stand. You start with seven models, and each of the models is fairly tough after the first turn. The Riders are mobile so they should be outside your deployment zone very quickly. If you have too many models on the board, get Leveticus to sacrifice one.

Okay, sacrificing a 12 stone model might be a bit much.

10 hours ago, Tris said:

what did you play in last stand?

I find that scheme extremely hard to score :/

I played extraction with Parker with Mad Dog, Johan, Sue, Big Jake and Strongarm, and then doc - although I have just realised that I did the scheme wrong, we scored it with equal or fewer models, rather than fewer. Still, it worked out OK - the doc was instrumental at keeping Sue and Johan alive, Strongarm is pretty good at flying out of danger if needs be, and Big Jake can kind of camp out somewhere safe and take advantage of being a 5SS Enforcer that scores the scheme, as well as popping back out at the end of the game for a last minute point if possible. I had undercover entourage on Parker since I figured that I could spend the game hanging around the extraction marker protecting doc, who protected my enforcers and henchman, and then use stick up to zip parker across the board on the last turn (this worked out great for 3VP, but I might have got lucky - Big Jake came back last turn in base to base with parker, hit him with his tomahawk and got the trigger to push parker out of the engagement he was in, then parker got 5 walks into the back corner of the opponents deployment zone). It worked out alright - if I remember correctly we ended up drawing on schemes, and he got an extra point on the strategy. Like I said though, I misread the scheme so it's harder than it seemed - also there don't seem to be many schemes that it gels well with.

I just don`t like how easy it can screw you up....

You can miss your point in three ways, by getting your models killed, mispositioning (or positioning effects from your opponent) and by killing too many of their models.

I think you have to really tailor your crew for that scheme, but I don`t see the needed build yet :/

2 hours ago, Tris said:

I just don`t like how easy it can screw you up....

You can miss your point in three ways, by getting your models killed, mispositioning (or positioning effects from your opponent) and by killing too many of their models.

I think you have to really tailor your crew for that scheme, but I don`t see the needed build yet :/

I kind of agree - you CAN play in a way that lets you score it about as reliably as other schemes, but the problem is (for me at least) that that style of defensive play is almost the opposite of what a lot of other schemes require. For example, in a game of head hunter, with Last Stand, Leave Your Mark, Frame for Murder and Covert Breakthrough there is nothing that you can nicely score at the same time as playing towards Last Stand.