We're currently updating the site and a few things may run slow or not as expected at the moment. Give us a day or two to get everything sorted out and changed up if you would.

One of the new things you'll see about are the 'sticky notes' which you will occasionally see from the site Admins if something important shows up or is newsworthy, or if you happen to be in one of our many beta testing groups giving you an additional heads up when something new needs to be looked at or sorted.

You can send these amongst yourselves as well if you wish, just don't abuse it. 

Thanks for your patience!

Nathan Caroland Nathan Caroland
Psientologist

Arcane Reservoir (the podcast)

Excellent podcast!  Love the depth of analysis.  

All the guests are great, but my favorite guest is James Doxey.  I have listened to almost all the main Malifaux podcasts and I doubt any player out there has a better understanding of the game than Mr. Doxey.

Feedback: Would love to hear more battle reports from the top UK players.  I enjoy how the Max Value podcast guys talk about each of their tournament games in depth, and it provides a nice window into how great players think about the game while they are playing.  Contextual situations, where they debate in their heads how to act given the models in front of them, schemes, cards in hand, etc.   

+45 is out now!

We discuss the effects we've seen of wave 4 since it's release, the UK tournament scene 3 months in and also the rise in popularity of a certain master.

+46 and +47

Both are tournament reports.
The first is the 42 person tournament Haul of Eggs, I'm joined by Tim and Josh as we discuss each of our games in (reasonable) depth.

The second I recorded live in person with Jamie, Kai, Lewis, Dave and Joe about Spring Breach.

So, I've heard you twice telling you played your standard Sandeep list and I dont know where to get the list. Would it be possible to know what it contains exactly? Thanks :)

On 04/05/2017 at 8:29 PM, Franchute said:

So, I've heard you twice telling you played your standard Sandeep list and I dont know where to get the list. Would it be possible to know what it contains exactly? Thanks :)

No problem:

Sandeep, Arcane Reservoir, (summoning upgrade), Enlightened Soul, full cache of 7,
Arcane Effigy,
3 Wind Gamin,
Malifaux Raptor,
Carlos, Practiced Production, Stunt Double,
Howard Langston, Imbued Energies.

1 hour ago, Psientologist said:

No problem:

Sandeep, Arcane Reservoir, (summoning upgrade), Enlightened Soul, full cache of 7,
Arcane Effigy,
3 Wind Gamin,
Malifaux Raptor,
Carlos, Practiced Production, Stunt Double,
Howard Langston, Imbued Energies.

Thanks a lot. May I ask why you consider three wind gamins? Is it just to summon Banasuva more easily? Or is there something else?

(I also understand they are useful for several schemes and strat).

1 hour ago, Franchute said:

Thanks a lot. May I ask why you consider three wind gamins? Is it just to summon Banasuva more easily? Or is there something else?

(I also understand they are useful for several schemes and strat).

More the latter as honestly Banasuva doesn't come out too much.

At 4ss they are cheap little scheme runners and the fact they don't count for certain strategies and schemes is just too good to pass on.
There are some other equally cheap and decent minions in Arcanists but none of them have any extra synergy with Sandeep.

I know a lot of people have been playing a trio of Mages, but that doesn't quite fit in the list without dropping the effigy or bird.
Perhaps that is a better way to go, but I haven't had as much success with the mages and the initial model count increase also helps the crew.

Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts. I'm a big fan of your podcast by the way. I'm looking forward to your new episode.

I'm still terrible at keeping up with this thread.

+48 A Moo Hope

I'm joined by Luke Cocksedge and winner or the event Cow Wars 4 Conor McNama. A classic tournament report show, with some crazy Neverborn lists and a highly competitive Gremlin one (plus the usual Sandeep filth).

Accompanying +48

Go check out Pete and Colin's Malifaux podcast  as they also report on this event and you can see a game from the other side.

+49 International Incident

I'm joined again by Luke but also James as they chat through their time at the Malifaux International Team Competition (ITC) and we also discuss the very rough draft of next year's pack and what we'd like to see.

Accompanying +49

Please check out arcanereservoir.com for match ups and team spotlights and I also suggest if you haven't already to listen to Max Value as they go through their tournament experience too as well as seeing one round from the other side of the table.

+50 Is out this coming Thursday, it'll be a bumper episode with 4 guests and we're going to go over a topic that we haven't touched for more than 40 shows.

Accompanying +50

Check out arcanereservoir.com and the "READ" section as there will be blogs leading up to this milestone.

Love the latest episode on the henchmen! Great analysis by all the guests, as always.  

Suggest an alternate name for the episode: "Ben and Carlos take on the world" ;)

I'm sure it's been mentioned, but ranking episodes can be fun from time to time; perhaps another episode ranking enforcers again, then maybe minions or upgrades?

+50 is out!

Lots of debating, lots of people being wrong that aren't me (obvz) and a lot of laughs.

One day we will go back to the Enforcers and one day ONE DAY we'll do mercenaries.

+51 is out tomorrow.

This episode Jamie and Tim join me to chat stuff from +40 (New Year Resolutions) as well as more reflection of the half year of Malifaux so far.
We also have a few "controversial" rants and Jamie has a big announcement (which you may have already seen).

Today's post comes with one more thing...

What would you like to see from Arcane Reservoir? What would make you donate to the Patreon (or increase your pledge)?

What you'd like to see from AR includes what you'd like to be covered on the podcast, how you'd like it done (length, release, guests etc.) ANYTHING!
As well as this, what sort of blogs on the site, what else you'd like on it!

Your Feedback is IMPORTANT  to me.
Anything you say cannot be bad, at worst it's something I will silently acknowledge.
:D 

Maybe some examples of list building would be nice. Generate a random scheme and strategy pool with deployment and opponent faction. Which list would you build given the situation?

I really need to get better and checking this.

+52 +53 +54 All part of GT "Month"

Starts with the English GT where I'm joined by Tim and Josh, 5 rounds of great Malifaux with one of us getting a podium position and one of us missing by 1 VP.

Next is the Welsh GT where I'm joined by Luke and Martin, one of which wins the event the other also misses a podium position by just 1 VP.
Recorded and put out in a day with some audio issues, worst quality than normal and I apologise.

Lastly is the largest and best, the Scottish GT, I'm joined by a band of Kai, Jamie, Dave, Joe and Steve as we discuss all the highlights.
Unfortunately being recorded live and in person this show isn't as good quality as usual, not unbearable but not the level I tend to aim for. 

Next is +54

First off, the quality will be back to normal, we'll be discussing all the goings on, GenCon, Errata, one of my guests won one of the GTs but to finish it off as it'll be
Arcane Reservoir's SECOND BIRTHDAY
We'll be doing some Q&A.

To submit questions, I'd advise to either tweet @arcanereservoir or go to the Facebook post and reply to that as, let's be honest, I'm terrible at keeping up with this.