Cursed Object & Distract

N1ck

Question

A friend and I were playing a game and in our scheme pool was both Cursed Object and Distract. We both ended up taking these schemes, and as the game went on I had my master and minion being surrounded by enemy models. Am I able to use all 3 of my AP from my master to do Distract on one enemy, Distract on another enemy and Cursed Object on one of those two enemies, or is that not allowed? Also when distracting an enemy model, does the model that gave Distract to that model have to remain alive for the duration of that turn in order for Distract to be effective? Or can they die and the Distracted enemy model still be Distracted and count for points?

8 answers to this question

As long as your master and none of the targets are peons yes you can interact with them to distract/give them the cursed object.

If your master dies before the end of the turn distract/cursed object would remain and you'd be able to score the VP

• Like 1

i need to read better :)   yes the model who gave distract can die.

That's what I thought too, however my opponent figured the model distracting the other model had to survive because how could a "dead" model distract? Like they saw it as "the model is jumping up and down, waving arms, doing everything possible to distract that model. But when its dead, it just lies there..... doing nothing."

Or playing possum...

I mean, they are a master, and masters are powerful, sneaky, and clever. You might be 99% sure they're dead, and just laying there... But what if they're planning something... What if they want you to THINK they're dead and they're just waiting for you to turn your back so they can spring up and get you from behind... Wait a second! Did the body just move?! Maybe it was the corpse settling, or maybe they had an itch...

You better keep your eye on them just to be sure.

There you go. Fluff justification for your friend.

• Like 2