Need help playing Lilith

ScifiRonin

Oh wauw that makes the Black Bood shaman more or less a must with Nekima ^^

How do you do all the Grow thing then Joel?

- if you should explain it to a noob that have never done it before, as it seems pretty hard to me, almost to a point where it seems gimmicky?

I haven't used Nekima or BBS in a grow list yet - mainly because the models are not fully painted yet.

I have played around with the grow quite a bit with the wave 1 models and it works just fine without the boosts :)

I usually give the rapid growth upgrade to a mature nephilim as he's mobile and killy and has push effects to aid with placement.  I move up a terror tot to tempt in a model - I then hit it with the nephilim - killing it and growing the tot.

usually I will start with a single mature and a single young nephilim - this may give me the option of getting a second mature nephilim quicker as I only need to kill the one model - but will often mean careful movement, placement and activation order.

I have likened doing all this to playing a 3rd scheme in a game, and it pretty much is, but if you concentrate on growing too much, you will not be completing your schemes and strategy.

I would only recommend growing in games like turf war, reckoning or squatters rights where the enemy is coming at you anyway - it makes it easier to achieve.

So in the list I have mentioned:

Neverborn Crew - 50 - Scrap

Lilith -- 4 Pool
 +Beckon Malifaux [1]
 +Living Blade [2]
 +Wicked Mistress [1]

Barbaros [10]
 +Rapid Growth [1]
Black Blood Shaman [7]
Nekima [13]
 +Obsidian Talons [1]
 +The True Mother [2]
Terror Tot [4]
Terror Tot [4]
Terror Tot [4]

Maybe I should trade two of the TT for a young to grow him faster, and use the last TT for schemes... and hope for Nekima to make some more TT?

Edit: quoted the wrong person >>

Hey Jesse, your thread is named "help with Lillith", which is exactly what I also needed, and I thought it would be a bit silly to make two threads named exactly the same. But I will be more then happy to make my own if you feel like I have hijacked this one from you :)

I am very interested to know if you actually get the kill when you actively use the black blood ability with BBS and Nekimas zero ability- as I am pretty sure you wont get the kill by the passive ability. So would I both be able to grow a Terror Tot from it aswell as summon one?

Btw the whole lure and punch thing with a Terror Tot and lilith seems a bit silly for me- the TT wont do enough dmg to really make a difference or justify their cost just sitting there with her, and making them do the kill for growing them seems very hard to controle when Lilith have started her onslaught :)

Its actually helpful, it means this thread gains more info faster for me to use  :P

Also I'll probably need to buy two crews because no one actualy plays it at my club yet  :( so what crew (preferably a neverborn one so that when facing some one who has there own crew I can use those models) do you advise I get (I know only Paranoia is out now but I'm happy to wait)? I want one that I can use mini's for my Lilith crew, so would the Bog Witch (can't remember her name) be good (Most people say that Lilith works well with SF's so I could try them together)? 

EDIT: This may seem like an odd question (but I don't have the rulebook yet so) whats the difference between a Black (With white person inside) and the White (With black person inside) Aura?

Black circle white person. "Aura"

Generated and radiates from a model or token. On until it specifies off. Can effect the model generating the aura.

Examples: challenge. Barbaros puts it up. It effects all enemies within 8" until end if turn.

Black figure aim parentheses. "Pulse"

Generated at a precise moment, effects all able to be effected (in range, not immune), then goes away until used again.

Example: black blood. Activates when damaged. Effects all models in 1" and goes away until hit again.

EDIT: This may seem like an odd question (but I don't have the rulebook yet so) whats the difference between a Black (With white person inside) and the White (With black person inside) Aura?

The black filled circle is an aura, and so an effect that's always on and includes the model it originates from. The other is a pulse, it affects models that are in it the moment it's activated, but isn't a persistent effect and doesn't include the model it originates from.

Also remember you need LoS to the model to be affected by both auras and pulses.

Its actually helpful, it means this thread gains more info faster for me to use  :P

Also I'll probably need to buy two crews because no one actualy plays it at my club yet  :( so what crew (preferably a neverborn one so that when facing some one who has there own crew I can use those models) do you advise I get (I know only Paranoia is out now but I'm happy to wait)? I want one that I can use mini's for my Lilith crew, so would the Bog Witch (can't remember her name) be good (Most people say that Lilith works well with SF's so I could try them together)? 

I play Dreamer and have been considering Lilith as my second master.  Share the twins, and probably a stitched or two, though I don't know enough about her to know if it would be a good fit for anything else.  I have a couple night terrors left over from 1.5 and was thinking I could convert them into young neph's.  Is there anything else, any other synergies I don't know of?

Lilith, like zoraida, is a real toolbox of a master - and she plays well with just about all of the Neverborn Henchmen, Enforcers and Minions.  Pick mdoels for the jobs you want them to do and get them on the table - you'll soon see synergies arising through situations.

That said:

all nephilim

all swampfiends

is where I start looking. 

I am having a bit of a problem with one of the local Malifaux veterans, however he is mostly using "elite crew" with very few models, which I would really like to punish in some way.

Last time he used this crew:

50ss

Neverborn:

Lynch

Huggy

2x Teddy

Candy 

What is the best way to punish such a short list of models?

And a side question- does the pounce from Baby Kade get the +2dmg if I lure the enemy model with Lilith to get it 1inch close to Lilith so she can use her free 1AP attack? in other words, would the enemy be considered engaged with Lilith when Baby Kade gets to use his pounce?

Stay out of range. Immobilize them with wicked vines and illusionary forest, so only one or two of his melee monsters can reach you at a time. Try to ignore Huggy, he will only come back if you kill him. In the meanwhile, grab objectives with your tots.

Stay out of range. Immobilize them with wicked vines and illusionary forest, so only one or two of his melee monsters can reach you at a time. Try to ignore Huggy, he will only come back if you kill him. In the meanwhile, grab objectives with your tots.

Well, I wouldn't so much ignore huggy as focus on non-lethal counters to him; It's still better to have Huggy tied down and not helping out than free, after all.

I'd also use tangle shadows to seperate his models. It's a lot easier to deal with one teddy than 2. Not that either is easy, but having both attack one of your models is not fun.

And a side question- does the pounce from Baby Kade get the +2dmg if I lure the enemy model with Lilith to get it 1inch close to Lilith so she can use her free 1AP attack? in other words, would the enemy be considered engaged with Lilith when Baby Kade gets to use his pounce?

Baby Kade receives +2 dmg in two ways: first: from being engaged with a model that he considers friendly.  Second: from sweetbreads.

So, if I understand your question correctly: 

You have Lilith and Kade near each other and you lure an enemy model with Lilith.  As long as the enemy is within 1" of Kade, the pounce would activate with +2 dmg for being engaged with both. I am not sure of the timing based on how the card reads: since Kade's pounce activates when an enemy model ends a push/move.  Depends on how Lilith's lure reads; if she lures, then takes 1ML action, then Kade, I think, would hit first.

Reverse it:

If Baby Kade is considered an enemy model and is engaged with Lilith, and she then lures another enemy model (say Teddy) into her engagement range, then Kade would receive his +2 damage, because his card reads if the target is engaged with another friendly model.  In this instance, Lilith would be Kade's target, and she would be engaged with both Kade and Teddy.

I have been thinking about a strange list that I would like to have you guys opinion on:

Lilith -- 4 Pool
 +Beckon Malifaux [1]
 +Living Blade [2]
 +Wicked Mistress [1]

Baby Kade [7]
 +Depression [1]
Mr. Graves [8]
Mr. Tannen [6]
Silurid [7]
Teddy [11]
Waldgeist [6]

Baby Kade and Teddy will stay in the list no matter what, as I would like to try and have Baby Kade sit behind the trees with Lilith to punce and kill stuff in safety of the trees, and Teddy to just kill stuff ^^

But I have been thinking a lot about Mr. Graves and Tannen- They could stand a bit infront of Lilith, This way Tannen can give the poor enemies around him and in the forest his "cooler"  :aura making it very resource intensive to cheat out of Lilith and Baby Kades dmg, and just generally being annoying and using the skill from the depression upfrades etc. Mr Grave will then both be a beat stick, and help the poor "customers" over to Lilith, so she can use her lure ability from the safety behind her trees, and of course help the unwanted visitors away from the forest of happiness ^^

The Waldergeist and Silurid are the ones I am most unsure of, I thought that the Silurids are always nice for schemes, and the waldergeist is a good tank to just sit and take damage... but maybe I could use my SS better?

I have also been thinking about putting the doppelganger and some other model instead of the Silurid and the Waldergeist...

I have never played with Baby Kade, Teddy or Mr. Graves and Tannen, so I would really like you guys opinion if all of this even sounds plausible, or is it a bit to gimicky?

Well in that exact list it would be the Waldergeist and Silrud who would run for schemes :)

But if I changed them for a Doppelganger and something else, I could take Useless Duplications to go with both Mr. Graves Tannen and the Doppelganger... but could someone explain to me how the upgrade works, and if it also effects the model who carries the upgrade, seeing as it does not say "other" anywhere in the text.

But I would love to see what kind of list you would make with some of these models Joel, as I really respect your point of view :)

. or would you simply not take any of these models in a Lilith crew?

What about the trio with Mr. Graves, Tannen and the Doppelganger together with the Useless duplications, you think it could work/ is it worth the ss?

and maybe a list like this would have to few models for scheme markers?

Lilith -- 4 Pool
 +Beckon Malifaux [1]
 +Living Blade [2]
 +Wicked Mistress [1]

Baby Kade [7]
 +Depression [1]
Doppleganger [7]
Insidious Madness [5]
Mr. Graves [8]
Mr. Tannen [6]
 +Useless Duplications [1]
Teddy [11]

I would then have Insidiouse Madness run around for scheme markers, but seeing as the Doppelganger can lay scheme markers even while engaged, I could have her do some stuff while in the middle of everything. But what would you swap out and with what, for this list to work? or do you think for certain schemes this could actually work?

• 2 weeks later...

I am going up against Leveticus tomorrow, and seeing as I have never faced him before, I would love to get some advice on what to do with him.

I am thinking I need to kill the Hollow Waif thingi ASAP, and then kill Leveticus ASAP before he just continues the cycle?

I wanted to try something new, so I have been thinking about a list like this:

Lilith -- 4 Pool
 +Beckon Malifaux [1]
 +Living Blade [2]
 +Wicked Mistress [1]

Baby Kade [7]
 +Depression [1]
Doppleganger [7]
Insidious Madness [5]
Mr. Graves [8]
Mr. Tannen [6]