Old Fluff

Daysleeper

There is a V1.0, but the fluff isn't any different,. The Core V1.5 fluff has small editing differences if I remember right, but is no big deal. Get whichever you can get for cheaper. The books you would need are  (in order of appearance and reading order):

Malifaux Core Rulebook (Start of the Plot)

Rising Powers (introduction of new masters, many cool events)

Twisting Fates (Avatars + more plot)

Storm of Shadows (Ten Thunders get introduced)

I've just acquired the old books (except the first one. >.<) and reading through, I feel it's a shame that these stories aren't available somewhere else. A published compendium, an online source, an ebook, whatever. This is good stuff that I think is really critical towards getting an idea of what Malifaux is. For example - did you know that this is a horrifying setting? Hadn't really settled in until reading about Hamelin in Rising Powers...

I'd love it if there was a volume with full old fluff printed, even better if there was one avaliable to buy for e-book readers.

I've got all of theolder books for fluff and art except for the Malifaux Core Rulebook and the new M2E rulebook which is (hopefully) on the way.
There is also the Dead of Winter story downloadable somewhere and there will be a lot of fluff in the upcoming Through the Breach rpg.

I'm a new player too and was interested in the old fiction.  The Wyrd store currently has all the books discounted for $7.50 each.  With shipping I picked up all four for $45

:wacko: did you have to say that? Let's just say i didn't get away that cheap, not even half as cheap  :( ... sometimes it sucks to be an impulsive/impatient buyer

• Like 1