Zoraida Combos

Sharp_GT

So with the sneaky peek at the new Zoraida art I'm super pumped to play her new plastics. One of the things that really interests me is her ability to take a metric-butt-ton of models as mercenaries, allowing for some crazy combos. So I'm looking for any cool combos that other players have figured out to use with Zoraida?

The old Papa Loco + Nurse combo only kind of works still, probably worth trying in a Turf War to dish out some damage.

I like the sound of pulling Samurai into neverborn to get a solid Sh action, but I'm hoping for more crazy stuff.

So I am doing Zoraida for the ToMB, and have realised that there is no discussion on Zoraida at all, not even her avatar.

One thing that I would like to try is have a nurse and Performer. Charge would be best, but hit the voodoo doll twice with the nurse giving it poison 8, if you want to add more you can (with other models), then hit the model with the performers lure, making it take all that damage and you have only needed to duel with it once! Also with the Nurse having accomplice means they will not have a chance to remove the poison, you can also use some of the conditions by casting 'take you meds' off the attacks against the voodoo doll.

Also Iggy and the Voodoo doll could be painful for some crews.

I hope to see some more that I can try out and report on  :)

Samurai are too expensive in 10T, I can't see paying another 1SS to Enthrall them into a Zoraida crew is really worth it. I'd rather go with a Convict Gunslinger, Hans or McTavish to give me extra shooting.

The voodoo doll and the burning condition is nasty, and you can do it easily with Zoraida's Hex bag as well as taking Iggy.

Generally if I'm using voodoo doll/nurse combo then I prefer to use the paralyze trigger on take your meds. If not using the nurse, then I summon the voodoo doll and then attack it with Bad Juju and hit his paralyze trigger on it. You get the double whammy of paralyzed and damage on your sewn fate target.

Personally, I generally favour the primordial magic as my totem. I like the card draw it gives and it's ability to count as a scheme marker can be very useful in some schemes (plant explosives or spring the trap for example). If the PM is used up, the I might consider the Voodoo Doll but with the way I like to play the voodoo doll is too costly in AP to make it worthwhile.

Sadly it looks like the performer has a Wp of 5 now, boo that combo sounded really cool...Still, nurse pumping the voodoo doll with conditions to mess up the model he's sewn to would be sick!

Montresor would be pretty cool to bring from outcasts if you're playing doubles with Pandora on your team.

Sadly it looks like the performer has a Wp of 5 now, boo that combo sounded really cool...Still, nurse pumping the voodoo doll with conditions to mess up the model he's sewn to would be sick!

Montresor would be pretty cool to bring from outcasts if you're playing doubles with Pandora on your team.

Performer is still a mercenary, so you can still just pay the 1 SS tax.  In any case, while I like the combo, I think needing 3 models to pull off one 8 damage shot is just too much.

I'm a fan of Iggy.  It's simple, does a nice hit of damage, and doesn't require too much to accomplish.  Even if they put the fire out, they're still burning actions (heh heh) to do it.

I was also considering Vasilisa.  A fragile model, but the combination of her status effects, having a second Obey, and a zero action Twist to cast Sewn Fate more than once a turn...you could really stack some serious conditions every turn.  For example:  Puppet casts Sewn Fate on something, then Vasilisa does a Needle and Thread for a condition, then Twists to do a Sewn Fate on something else, then Needle and Thread again....pretty dirty.

The performer is a mercenary :) and she is a handy model regardless

Madman, I think the models are still good and the combo is not a 'must do'. The peformer is a nice objective runner, and nurses are, well, nurses. Vasilia looks interesting.

A couple of sweet Zoraida ideas that I'll be trying out soon are

- Taking Papa Loco and Pere Ravage in a single list, and finding ways fling them forward in addition to obeys, and;

- Taking Lelu and Lilitu, and using Zoraida to Obey Lilitu a couple of times a turn for the buff condition, so when the Twins activate, they are pre-buffed, with somewhere between 1-3 positve flips to all duels.

Ah yes, the performer is a merc already, missed that. I like the sound of Vasilisa debuffing via the voodoo doll, I missed what she could do because I didn't really follow collodi throughout the beta. Very cool.

Pere Ravage + Papa Loco for some suicide bombs sounds interesting, but only getting a few uses out of them is a bummer. Mr Graves can help as part of a delivery system, probably some beckoners obeyed into luring the crew forward could work as well.

I'd already been thinking that Lelu and Lilitu work well with Zoraida, and it just occured to me that the Nurse can have some nice tricks with them too.

Notably, you can use Downers to give them both Armor. In return, they get :-fate on all Duels - which Lilitu can cancel out (and even override) with Whispers in Blood. Even better, if you have the Tomes to cast Downers on them twice, the Armor buff stacks but the Downers penalty does not. With the healing they've got access to, the Twins with Armor 4 are going to be very hard to deal with.

The other Nurse 'buffs' are situationally useful for the Twins as well.

If you are running Zoraida as Gremlin, she also has some nice Nurse tricks. Lenny is immune to Conditions, so the Nurse can full-heal him without worrying about Paralyze. Mancho Roja, similarly, can gain immunity to Paralyze. Moon Shinobi are great targets for Downers, as they get Armor, and the :-fate is actually a buff for them.

Outside of Nurses... Ototo is Wp 4. Bring him and Taelor as your mercs, and give one of them Nexus of Power, and they are basically unkillable until you run out of Soulstones.

Zoraida didn't get many new options in Wave 2. The only decent one that comes to mind is the Silent One. It doesn't offer any specific combos, per say, but it has a lot to offer with a good ranged attack, Blocking terrain, and healing - all of which are rarities for Neverborn. (And, technically, can be healed up by a Nurse without worrying about Paralyze. Assuming that he doesn't get one-shotted in one swing, which is always a risk for Df 3 and 6 Wds - though with Statue, if the first attack doesn't kill him, he is likely to survive to get healed by the Nurse.)

I'd already been thinking that Lelu and Lilitu work well with Zoraida, and it just occured to me that the Nurse can have some nice tricks with them too.

Notably, you can use Downers to give them both Armor. In return, they get :-fate on all Duels - which Lilitu can cancel out (and even override) with Whispers in Blood. Even better, if you have the Tomes to cast Downers on them twice, the Armor buff stacks but the Downers penalty does not. With the healing they've got access to, the Twins with Armor 4 are going to be very hard to deal with.

If you are running Zoraida as Gremlin, she also has some nice Nurse tricks. Lenny is immune to Conditions, so the Nurse can full-heal him without worrying about Paralyze. Mancho Roja, similarly, can gain immunity to Paralyze. Moon Shinobi are great targets for Downers, as they get Armor, and the :-fate is actually a buff for them.

Outside of Nurses... Ototo is Wp 4. Bring him and Taelor as your mercs, and give one of them Nexus of Power, and they are basically unkillable until you run out of Soulstones.

Zoraida didn't get many new options in Wave 2. The only decent one that comes to mind is the Silent One. It doesn't offer any specific combos, per say, but it has a lot to offer with a good ranged attack, Blocking terrain, and healing - all of which are rarities for Neverborn. (And, technically, can be healed up by a Nurse without worrying about Paralyze. Assuming that he doesn't get one-shotted in one swing, which is always a risk for Df 3 and 6 Wds - though with Statue, if the first attack doesn't kill him, he is likely to survive to get healed by the Nurse.)