Perdita with 9/9

Csonti

In our community there was no Perdita player during Wave1 playtest so I just encountered now with this and I would like to hear about game experiences when Perdita uses El Mayor to get 9/9 stats. How hard this to counter for the enemy? How easy to keep the buff up as long as possible and remain active with Perdita without endangering Francisco too much? What is the success rate of this style? What is the opinion of the opponents about this interaction after facing it on the board?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Csonti

I've only played her a few times with mixed results. I'm also a new player, in general. The thing you have to be careful with this is that francisco doesn't just get mopped up and then you lose your bonus. With a DF of 5, anyone with a :+fate to attacks can kill him, or he can just be shot.

The 3rd and last game I played was against Ramos and that can be an issue with all those latching arachnid's decreasing DF. It can be really hard to defend yourself against summoning heavy armies, as killing models might just mean more take their place. Just something to consider. Against Ramos specifically, one thing to consider would be using obey to kill spiders and try for their aoe trigger to sacrifice them instead of outright shooting them (and thus creating scrap).

I've faced it every time I face perdita - usually it means I don't target perdita that turn, so I go after Fransisco or the rest of the crew.

Generally I'm never going to take assassinate vs. Perdita anyway, so no big hardship there.

Often, keeping Fransisco so close to perdita to keep this up multiple turns means that the rest of the crew is pretty much hung out to dry - and I can get on with getting vp from objectives or slaying them.

If I really need to break it up, lures, rooted and similar have worked out fine so far.

Basically, 9/9 dita is no biggy.

It's kinda funny how this evolved from the lilith-doppleganger-tangle-shadows-bomb-thread (with Nekima), since Perdita seems to be one of the Masters that can pretty reliably be defended against Nekima's attacks in such a case. So, now the former seems to be considered (possibly) OP and hence the latter has to as well? Why can't both be fine?

And yeah, Perdita has 10 WDs and the rest of the crew can be disposed of. It's fine. We're in Malifaux, you don't have to kill her to win the game. I played against a stubborn WP9 Perdita with Pandora lately. The game ended 7:8, of course Perdita was completely unscratched, but why should I care, there's other methods of winning than killing an (occasionally especially) durable enemy master.

Also, volume of attacks, her stats may be godly, but a depleted hand in late turn and a bombardment of strikes and something will go through. But yeah, the key is removing Francisco from the equation ASAP or at the very least give them a very good reason to separate.

What I'm currently more scared off is the Papa Loco + student of conflict vengeance bullet Perdita that ignores cover or armor and incorporeal as needed. It's a LOT of ranged pain coming from turn 1 with + to all her damage flips and the vengeance bullet giving that extra hellbite. Still have to play against it though so may not be as bad, but it does have my community talking a bit. Would probably counter it with Nicodem...

Anywho, Perdita is a goddess of death, but once the hits start actually going in, she folds quick. Also, very very important, always keep present the pushes that Francisco can cause with his go into Melee place can cause or how Perdita can get pushed to other family members to keep her locked up in case you are engaging her, making sure a model can't really be pushed away or that Perdita can't just push out without using another activation can buy you an activation or two or can force her to do stuff that is not in her interest just to free herself.

It's kinda funny how this evolved from the lilith-doppleganger-tangle-shadows-bomb-thread (with Nekima), since Perdita seems to be one of the Masters that can pretty reliably be defended against Nekima's attacks in such a case. So, now the former seems to be considered (possibly) OP and hence the latter has to as well? Why can't both be fine?

It is even more funny that you devote a good percentage of your not too numerous posts to troll on me. :)

Maybe you couldn't believe it but the two things are separate. The Nekima bomb's safest counter is not Perdita but Rasputina and yet, I didn't start a post about the later's performance. Perdita could be fine or not, that won't change the evaluation of the other trick by much.

Back on track: thanks for the answers! At first I was shocked by the possibility of a good shooting Master rampaging at least two important turns on the center of the table but from the answers it seems manageable on the board.

Not any less funny that neither of your proposed "problems" seems to find way less influence on the board than you assume, so I'm just "trolling" bad ideas or overreactions here, not you as a person.

"Good percentage" of an absolute of 25 (on an almost new account). That's rich. At least now I can see how you fathom some stuff as problematic^^