McMourning - Strategies, Lists and Questions

AndyP.

Crooked Men are amazing options for hosing down shooty crews. Also, always take advantage of terrain. use soft cover and blocking to get you there and then unleash hell. The problem is going to be when you get scenarios like Turf War. Turf War is made for shooty crews to wreak havoc.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I think Transfusion is a nice thing but it serves the Chihuahua better than McMorning. The totem also has Expunge and McMorning has a better way to apply poison. I think his (1) rancid Transplant is way underrated. Lets take 3 Canine which are great on their own. Those 3 double walk to the enemy to apply -3 Df which also makes Disengaging strikes quite difficult. (1) rancid Transplant does Poison 8 and 3 damage now. For the most things more than enough to finish them off with an Expunge afterwards. And since you are attacking with Ca7 vs. a Df that is reduce by 3 points it shouldn't even require a high card.

Well and if the enemy gets rid of the 3 Canine because he doesn't liked what he just saw then get the Maniacal Laugh Upgrade and (0) Muwahahahah yourself 3 Mindles Zombies out of the fresh Corpse counters. Then (1) rancid Transplant all 3 for Poison 6 and 2 Damage and as soon as they activate they generate a new Canine Remains because they die to Poison whithing McMournings Road Kill Scholar Aura from the Moonlight Upgrade.

That's great Tarpit potential and doesn't require high cards. So you can use them for defensive reasons or this really nasty Rogue Necromancy.

• 2 weeks later...

Since this seems like the most appropriate thread to post it in, would people be interested in a McMourning + crew tactica? If it seems good enough I'll happily post it on pullmyfinger.

Yes, definitely.

Of all the ressers, Mcmourning is the one I like the most but have the least amount of success with, so I'd be hugely interested in this.

I wont be able to post anything up until Friday but I'll try to get it up soonish.

I'll have things written for McMourning, Sebastian, Rafkin, the Zombie Chihuahua, Nurses, Flesh Constructs, Canine Remains, Guild Autopsies and the Rogue Necromancy along with useful upgrades and how everything interacts with one another. =)

• Like 1

I do try XD haha

I've not really done anything like this before so I can't say for certain how good it will be but I have a fair amount of experience with McMourning and my tactics usually revolve around exploiting poison using McMournings typical sort of crew.

As a heads up I'm told I use him somewhat differently than most players but I have had a lot of success using him so I'm obviously doing something right XD

Well and if the enemy gets rid of the 3 Canine because he doesn't liked what he just saw then get the Maniacal Laugh Upgrade and (0) Muwahahahah yourself 3 Mindles Zombies out of the fresh Corpse counters. Then (1) rancid Transplant all 3 for Poison 6 and 2 Damage and as soon as they activate they generate a new Canine Remains because they die to Poison whithing McMournings Road Kill Scholar Aura from the Moonlight Upgrade.

Poison +6 will do damage in the end phase, not when they activate.

And it will only do one damage. Unless near Sebastian.

Just noticed that the arcanist performer has a expunge trigger in her lure and is a merc plus some scheme marker Ca action that looks good, but is it 6 ss good for McM? Maybe on a super poison focused crew.

I tried Performers with McMourning over the weekend, and they are definitely worth the 6 points.  While Siren Call doesn't have the range or base stat of the Belle's Lure, it's built in Sip of Wine trigger is very synergistic in a poison-based crew (and can still be hired by McMourning as a Guild master), and since it's an attack action, works very well with Rafkin's My Own Concoction.  In addition, the trigger is actually better than Expunge in most cases, as it doesn't interfere with McMourning's other options or rely on the Chihuahua to pull it off.

Manipulative, Precious and Don't Mind Me also work nearly as well for McMourning as they do in a Showgirl crew, allowing even more ease in getting down scheme markers and making an opponent think twice about targeting them or killing a Performer in range of reactivating one of your other minions.

They performed so well, I think at least in a McMourning crew, they will be replacing Rotten Belles until I see something to convince me otherwise.  

I tried Performers with McMourning over the weekend, and they are definitely worth the 6 points. While Siren Call doesn't have the range or base stat of the Belle's Lure, it's built in Sip of Wine trigger is very synergistic in a poison-based crew (and can still be hired by McMourning as a Guild master), and since it's an attack action, works very well with Rafkin's My Own Concoction. In addition, the trigger is actually better than Expunge in most cases, as it doesn't interfere with McMourning's other options or rely on the Chihuahua to pull it off.

Manipulative, Precious and Don't Mind Me also work nearly as well for McMourning as they do in a Showgirl crew, allowing even more ease in getting down scheme markers and making an opponent think twice about targeting them or killing a Performer in range of reactivating one of your other minions.

They performed so well, I think at least in a McMourning crew, they will be replacing Rotten Belles until I see something to convince me otherwise.

Wow.

Now to convert some Undead showgirls.

• 2 weeks later...

Poison +6 will do damage in the end phase, not when they activate.

And it will only do one damage. Unless near Sebastian.

With Catalyst, if they're near mcmourning, they'll take poison on activation. Same with Sebastion. And Rafkin has "My Own Concoction" or some such which makes poison deal more damage also. 

So, poisoned models activating near Sebastion and Rafkin take 4 damage (1 from poison, 2 from induction, 1 from my own concoction)

Though- I've been curious if the damage caused from catalyst/induction/concoction is considered "poison damage" for purposes of rogue scholar...

Well and if the enemy gets rid of the 3 Canine because he doesn't liked what he just saw then get the Maniacal LaughUpgrade and (0) Muwahahahah yourself 3 Mindles Zombies out of the fresh Corpse counters. Then (1) rancid Transplant all 3 for Poison 6 and 2 Damage and as soon as they activate they generate a new Canine Remains because they die to Poison whithing McMournings Road Kill Scholar Aura from the Moonlight Upgrade.

I don't have the cards in front of me- but does it specify that the target has to be an enemy model dying of poison? Also that means you're putting three ap and a zero into summoning 3 dogs? If you wanna be a swarm summoner try Ramos out. I just see all of his ap better served putting that poison and damage and such on an enemy model, and the Road Kill Scholar being a bonus if enemies die by poison which can/will happen.

The one thing Belle's've got on the showgirls is wounds/hard to kill. If you Siren something with and kind of stabby stabby in that guy can go hogwild on you. Especially you lure before they've activated. I guess unless you already have an idiotic amount of poison on them... But not a great defense, and post activation, the manipulative won't protect them if you get out activated. 

They're great, they're cheap, they're fantastic models, and uncapped sip of wine has some ammaaazzzing synergy. But those dresses aren't bullet proof.

ENinja

Induction and Catalyst both specifically state that the damage is from poison. So it is quite obvious that it will allow you to summon dogs.

Induction increases damage from Attack Action while a model is poisoned. So no.

And it is not enemy model. Any living or Undead model dying from poison can become a dog.

On the performers, the reactivation of a friendly minion when she dies is a good deterrent.

Thinking of the following for an upcoming 40ss fixed list Tourney.

Dr. Douglas McMourning -- 7 Pool

+Moonlighting [1]

+Plastic Surgery [1]

+Spare Parts [2]

Canine Remains [4]

Canine Remains [4]

Guild Autopsy [4]

Nurse [5]

Performer [6]

Sebastian [7]

+Corpse Bloat [2]

+Transfusion [1]

Not what he wanted to know. But you are correct.

He was wondering if it counted as poison damage. It doesn't.

I did mistype. But that's still pretty awesome. Good do know about catalyst and dog summoning.

Here's another question that came up. If a model has poison and is range of Sebastion's Induction, does poison do three damage, or does poison do one damage, and induction do two? The scenario involved gracie, who's got 2 armor, so 3 poison means 1 damage on activation (per activation- she's got a reactivate, mind) and at the end of turn- while 2 sources means 2 damage per activation and at the end of turn...

ENinja

I did mistype. But that's still pretty awesome. Good do know about catalyst and dog summoning.

Here's another question that came up. If a model has poison and is range of Sebastion's Induction, does poison do three damage, or does poison do one damage, and induction do two? The scenario involved gracie, who's got 2 armor, so 3 poison means 1 damage on activation (per activation- she's got a reactivate, mind) and at the end of turn- while 2 sources means 2 damage per activation and at the end of turn...

ENinja

Well Poison can't be reduced or negated and Sebastion's induction says and additional 2 damage from the poison condition.. SO I would say Gracie takes 3 Damage as Armor would not work.