A grande Santiago with extra polystyrene, please

ThatDarnSatan

I love the new Santiago!

BUT HE'S HUGE! Do you think this a production issue that will be rectified later, or is he just a big guy? He fits snugly onto a 40mm base but getting him onto a 30mm is going to require some work. I'm a very slow painter who is reluctant to commit to anything, ever, so am wondering if I should go ahead and deal with the issue, or set him aside and wait for Wyrd to fix it later.

I like that he's huge too, and agree that a bigger Santiago is a better one. Thanks for the clarification from on high, Nathan.

Perhaps there is no actual standard other than the one I perceive as a result of *most models fitting on the top of their bases, but it bugs me when a model spills onto the lip. I miss the aesthetic of tidiness brought by that regular, consistent ring around the base. That's my preference.

Nice to know he is supposed to be that large. He is my favorite model from the Latigo set. My simple solution to make him "fit" on the 30mm base was to cut the rock off from his foot. Now he looks like he is charging blasting everything in sight :)

Solved! I was going to do more work than I needed to: build it up with even more rocks to create an overhang that he could stand on without touching the lip of the base. Your solution is much preferable. Looks great too.

Nice to know he is supposed to be that large. He is my favorite model from the Latigo set. My simple solution to make him "fit" on the 30mm base was to cut the rock off from his foot. Now he looks like he is charging blasting everything in sight :)

05e39a06-4089-4fe2-9019-7ad0ed95b020_zps88f776da.jpg

Looks great! Only think missing is something being kneed by his left knee.