Sunday January 12th 41ss Beginner Tournament at Flat Land Games in Wixom Mi

rancor709

Flat Land Games

28990 South Wixom Road, Wixom, Michigan 48393

When-Sunday January 12th regestration starting at 11:30 First Game at Noon

What-41 ss Fixed Master 3 round tournament that is meant to be Beginner friendly- we will be allowing wave 2 beta models the beta revision used will be locked in closer to the event

Entry fee $5 going toward prize support- the more people we get the larger the prize pool

How much time is each round- Each round will have 90minutes of play time, you will be given 15minutes to crew select and set up,

if both you and your opponent complete selection and setup prior to the end of the 15minutes please feel free to start your game,

I will give you time updates after 30mins, 60mins and at the 75minute mark I will declare 15minute remaining. at 80mins I will declare no more turns be started finish the turn you are on and then count vps

at 90minutes I will declare final activation finish the activation you are on and the game ends

What is Fixed master-You will choose one master for the duration of the event to lead your crew, Your crew may be changed

between games.

What if I have a duel faction master-If you are taking a duel faction Master you must declare a faction for the day,

example you may play mcmourning as either Guild for the day or ressers but may not swap once the event has begun.

Are upgrades allowed-Yes you may take upgrades.

Are upgrades fixed-No you may change those between rounds

Crew size-Crews are 41ss each round you may change out who is in your crew every round but the master has to be the same.

scheme pools will be presented on day of the event and shared at all tables you are able to take a scheme more than once

Strategies-Courtesy of @malifauxschemes

Round 1- Reconnoiter- Line in the sand Entourage,Bodyguard,Take Prisoner,Assassinate.

Round 2-Squatters Rights line in the sand,Cursed Object,Protect Territory,Deliver a Message,Breakthrough.

Round 3-Turf War line in the sand Plant Explosives,Distract,Make them suffer,Protect Territory.

scoring

We will score the event Tournament points/Victory Points/Differential of Victory Points

What is a tournament point- You get 3 for a win, 1 for a draw and 0 for a lose

What are victory points- These are the points you score in game for completing strategies and schemes

what is differential of victory points- This is your total number of victory points less the total of your opponents vp

example I won the game 8vp to 6vp I would have a differential of +2 my opponent would have a differential of -2

Painting- Painting is not required but highly encouraged, we will do a painting raffle for players that bring at least one full painted 41ss crew

Prize for First

second

and Best Sportsmanship

First Place(Master) Will be the overall winner of the event-as determined by Tournament points/Victory Points/differential of victory points.

Second Place(Henchman)- Will be the player who comes in second based first on Tournament points then Victory points then differential of Victory

Best Sportsmanship(Enforcer)-This will be the person who scores the fewest number of Tournament points but the highest number of victory points and has been given acceptable sports marks.

Each round there will be short sportsman ship quiz. Standard Will Wheaton rule in a effect don't be a D*** and you'll be fine.

Tournament Organizers word is law, even if he's wrong he's right for the event

Be respectful of each other and the game

Cheating unless your cheating fate will not be tolerated

Edited by rancor709

2 questions.

1) Are upgrades going to be fixed as well? I just see "Are upgrades" and don't get what that's supposed to mean. :P

2) Why 41ss? Its a weird number since I keep seeing 40, 45, and 50. :P

the best laid plans

1.) upgrade are not fixed, just the master itself all it means is the master is the only master you can use that day.

2.) The reason for 41ss- Is as brad stated the lowest level of points that is master only. Henchmen lead crews in smaller games those under 40ss. This is built to be a beginner event focused on a starting boxset and perhaps a blister or two and I didn't want a situation where Henchman lead crews are most balanced against other Henchman lead crews. Master lead crews are most balanced against master lead crews. While a master lead crew and a henchman lead crew can have a fun game, the game was not.

Nothing wrong with using a henchman to lead a crew in a 40ss game, the rules only prohibit this at 41 which is why the points value was chosen. Again the event is beginner focused and hence why were focusing on one master for the day, and lower total points for the event. The lower points also allows for a decent speed of play even while we have newer players. I think if there is enough interest I'd be fine running a hechman is your leader event so everyone can see the difference.

Going forward we will likely be running 50ss events and occasionally we'll run these odd ball formats. But the first one is an oddball format cause its the new year and were focusing in on newer players whose collection may not be the same as others but they still want to try there hand at an event. Plus it provides more veteran players a bit of list build challenge.

• 2 weeks later...

For sure head count I'm not certain but were looking at a very strong turnout I've got room for up to 44 which I doubt will get but if we did we can fit em.

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

as if you needed more reason to Come

http://s797.photobucket.com/user/Cheatedfatesjoe/media/Trohpies_zpsc8a94923.jpg.html

You Guys Stormed Wixom Tonight Amazing Showing of force and Power

We got 12 and despite a late start due to my car not starting they held true and played some amazing games today!

Results Tournament Scoring was TP/VP/Diff Was fixed Master

1.)Alex- Lynch 10t 9/26/+14-First Place

2.)Rudy McMourning Guild 6/23/+9-2nd Place

3.)Jon Pandora NB 6/19/+8 3rd Place

4.)Alan Seamus Res 6/18/+9

5.)Brad Rasputina Arc 6/18/+4

6.)Don Perdita Guild 6/18/+0

7.)Shawn Viktorias Out 6/13/0

8.)Mike Kaeris Arc 3/15/-7

9.)Drew Pandora NB 3/13/-1

10.kevin VonSchill Out 3/7/-2

11.Kyle VonSchill Out 0/12/-15

12.Sean S Ophilia Grem 0/5/-8 Best sports

You guys were a blast please come up for our other events and I hope you all had fun.

For those interested Faction Breakdown

1-10t-1st overall

2-Guild-2nd and 5th

2-Neverborn-3rd and 9th

3-Outcasts-7th, 10th 11th

1-Gremlin-12th "proof not a real faction"-jk

2-Arcanists-6th and 8th

1-resser-4th

Will Have scheme selection Breakdowns shortly-Stats Yeah!

Edited by rancor709