12/17 Myriad Games 1-Day Tuesday Night Small Format Tourney

PeregrineFalcon

**** REMINDER **** This has been rescheduled for Tuesday Feb. 25th, 2014! Hope to see some new faces there!

Looking to have a small tournament on a regular Tuesday night gaming. Myriad Games Manchester, NH, 35ss, three round tournament.

That's right I said 35ss, CRAZY!

The expectation is to have quick rounds, play three games and have fun before the xmas week. Rounds will be short, no breaks (just for scoring and matchups), and if you plan on eating dinner do so before arriving.

Prizes will come from entry fee in form of Myriad money, $5 entry fee.

Hope to have these more regularly, so lets see what happens.

I will update with more info once I get confirmation from Myriad.

-PF

UPDATE #1: 5:30-6:15 registration. Round 1 start at 6:30 SHARP If you want to pre-reg you can do so in this thread. 35ss, fixed list crews with 75 minute rounds. I will post-up strategies soon and schemes will be chosen day of.

UPDATE #2: I was going to run Story Encounters, but will stick to what people know to make things go smoothly and not slow us down.
Strategies are:
Round 1 - Turf War
Round 2 - Reconnoiter
Round 3 - Stake a Claim

UPDATE #3: Myriad Event Post on Website (http://www.myriadgames.com/events/malifaux-small-format-tournament)

UPDATE #4: FYI, Wave 2 will be allowed. Also, does anyone have a preference on pre-flipping schemes? Was planning on doing day-of, but you guys tell me if you have a preference.

UPDATE #5:
Ok, let me ask @malifauxschemes... and she has spoken with great wisdom offering up the following!

post-10269-13911931964097_thumb.jpg

Round 1 Schemes: Take Prisoner,Breakthrough,Outflank,Bodyguard
Round 2 Schemes: Spring the Trap,Assassinate,Make Them Suffer,Distract
Round 3 Schemes: Murder Protege,Assassinate,Plant Explosives,Bodyguard

UPDATE #6:

WHAT?!! Yup, that's right. Since this was cancelled due to weather back in Dec. I have rescheduled it for Feb. 25th. Myriad has updated their calendar page. Same rules just a new date. I can't change the title of this post, but yeah its now Feb. 25th 2014.

UPDATE #7:

Round 1: Turf War w/Close Deployment

Round 2: Reconnoiter w/Flank Deployment

Round 3: Stake a Claim w/Standard Deployment

Edited by PeregrineFalco

• 2 weeks later...

since Crews are fixed, I think you should announce Schemes ahead of time. Normally I favor Schemes flipped start of Round, but in this particular setting in which speed is important cutting down on the "oh, yeah, that's how that scheme works" would be nice. Instead its just look at your opponent's crew and go.

Update #5: The all and powerful Malifaux Schemes has blessed us with the answer you all wish to know.

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

Update #4 partially redacted. Will take consensus at start time based on peoples interest in using wave 2. Bring your wave 2 if you want to use it and we'll take a vote.

Edited by PeregrineFalco

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...