Malifaux at Templecon 2014 (Warwick, RI)

Silas Cordell

So, I think that if we didn't have the limit we currently have, this could be a 30player game. Wish Templecon had a better system for gauging this. We (i.e. Malifaux Henchman and yes PLAYERS) need to get more involved for Templecon 2015 to make sure we start showing our force better.

Templecon is my 2nd favorite gaming convention, wish Wyrd would better support it (or wish Wyrd would better support our presence at Templecon).

Edited by PeregrineFalco
reprhase, typo

I think the presence for templecon could be close to 30. Last year I believe it was in the teens, and in previous years the organization was horrible. It has been a great deal of fun every year though. Even having to use styrofoam cups as terrain was pretty interesting. In the past when it was in the Hal way, it really wasn't tough to throw down a few extra tables. If it is is the main ballroom, I am assuming there won't be the option for that, which is unfortunate.

Templecon is my 2nd favorite gaming convention, wish it would better support Wyrd

While I am not privvy to everything that's gone on between Henchmen, Wyrd and Templecon I would think this statement is pretty unfair. Grant and Ximon are open to helping anyone succeed at Templecon. It is in their best interests after all. As someone who has been attending since 07 and has run events at the con more then once, they were a wonder to deal with compared to running events at other conventions.

While I am not privvy to everything that's gone on between Henchmen, Wyrd and Templecon I would think this statement is pretty unfair. Grant and Ximon are open to helping anyone succeed at Templecon. It is in their best interests after all. As someone who has been attending since 07 and has run events at the con more then once, they were a wonder to deal with compared to running events at other conventions.

Jestor, thanks for commenting on that. I COMPLETELY typo-ed that post and didn't notice until you brought it up.

What I meant to say was:

Templecon is my 2nd favorite gaming convention, wish Wyrd would better support it

The only thing is like to see is a stipulation that any proxy models are easily distinguishable from others in your crew. So there shouldn't be any "this Ronin model is a Guilty, this Ronin Model is Lady Liega, and this Ronin model is just a Ronin"

The good news for me is I haven't played M2E yet and probably won't before Templecon so I don't recognize the models anyways!

Jestor, thanks for commenting on that. I COMPLETELY typo-ed that post and didn't notice until you brought it up.

What I meant to say was:

Templecon is my 2nd favorite gaming convention, wish Wyrd would better support it

I would love to see Wyrd come. This event draws over 500 unique Warmachine players every year. The target audience for the games is pretty much the same. I would think it would be one of the best conventions they could attend to promote Malifaux. It has always shocked me they don't show up.

I would love to see Wyrd come. This event draws over 500 unique Warmachine players every year. The target audience for the games is pretty much the same. I would think it would be one of the best conventions they could attend to promote Malifaux. It has always shocked me they don't show up.

That's what I was trying to say, which I failed at miserably.

True true, Drool_bucket.

Only issue is there are a lot of 'Malifaux' players who I think won't be able to play in the tourney. Not sure how big the wait list is, but I assume it grew. I'm optimistic that we can fit these other people in (assuming my estimations are correct that more are attending than last year).

Next year I really hope we can have a 30 - 40 person event. That would be a blast.

Strategies and Schemes up for Saturday.

For everyone speculating about potential attendance: Saturday attendance last year was 8. The tournament I ran before last year's con had 14 players, the one I ran in Nov had 15. I extrapolated from that. I may have been mistaken in my estimates. Saturday events at Templecon are in direct conflict with one or more major Warmachine events, which also has an effect on attendance.

If you think the tournament needed to be bigger, stop by and tell me in person at the con.

Still 6 slots open for Friday night as of pre-reg closing, too.

Tried sending a PM, but the function didn't seem to be working.

I just wanted to check in to see if you needed terrain for templecon. I am working on planning what I need to pack. I have 4 3x3 tabletops and 5-6 tables worth of terrain if you need it,

Also if there is room on a waiting list for Saturday, I'd love to be on it.

Thanks,

Kevin

Had a great time today. Thanks for running the tournament Matt. Sadly the arcanists did not work as well as I had hoped. Mei Feng was pretty fun to try out though.

I tried Mei Feng for my first game against Jay R., but she was overwhelmed by piggies. The Arcanists just didn't seem to have the stopping power I needed. Metal Gamin, mole men and ice Gamin can be an annoyance when in defensive stance, but they don't have the wounds to be a speed bump. I'm thinking in my last game against Scott, if I had used Mei Feng to skip around the board flipping markers with a Razor Spine Rattler or two to hold off his Ramos Entourage of Joss, Rail Golem and Howard, I might have upped my VP, but that was a powerful unit.

Great time at Templecon. Thanks to everyone who attended. I had a blast and it was great to see so many new faces. 

The 'lack' of appropriately sized. table/gaming space was a tough one to swallow, but Matt worked through it. Thanks for running the event, and thanks to all my opponents. As always it was a pleasure to play each person.

Looking forward to the final scoring to get posted. Since the top three were all decided on differential, would love to see the rest of the field.