Question

hello guys,

the wording of the "I can use that!" order states:

Nicodem gains the following Trigger to the Reanimator Action:

"Crows" Patchwork: After succeeding, this model may discard

any number of Corpse Markers within 8” to heal the

summoned model by 4 damage for each Corpse Marker

discarded in this way.

Do I have to produce a third crow suit via soulstone or is it enough to have the two that you normally need to cast reanimator?

If you need just two, I think that putting the C suit before the description of the trigger is pleonastic.

9 answers to this question

A trigger simply lists the suits that are required. So, as long as the suit is present the trigger can be declared.

In this case, the trigger is automatic if he casts the spell as he has the crow built in to his CA......so no matter what he flips, he always has at least the one crow.

What he said.

Note 1: You don't "use up" the original two crows that were needed in the casting of Reanimator. They're still there to initiate the Patchwork trigger

Note 2: A trigger has to trigger off a suit, so the crow is needed otherwise the entire trigger mechanic gets messy.

Let's be honest. this was just an excuse to use the word pleonastic, right? because redundant would have been quicker, otherwise.<--this is a joke, in case it isn't clear...

And yes, it is a bit redundant. That doesn't mean it isn't necessary. Triggers require suits. You can't take two triggers off of the same action. therefore, while some triggers may be baked in, there is a reason to have them as separate triggers with the suit. ANd of course, consistency is always its own justification.

Let's be honest. this was just an excuse to use the word pleonastic, right? because redundant would have been quicker, otherwise.<--this is a joke, in case it isn't clear...

Won't lie.......that's a good one......I had to look it up and I have a fairly decent vocabulary.

That was my line of thinking. Besides, pleonastic tends to be used more specifically than redundant, in cases such as ATM machine, PIN number, etc., where the last word of the abbreviation / acronym is being repeated.

And yes, it is a bit redundant. That doesn't mean it isn't necessary. Triggers require suits. You can't take two triggers off of the same action. therefore, while some triggers may be baked in, there is a reason to have them as separate triggers with the suit. ANd of course, consistency is always its own justification.

Consistency is key.

Dracomax is perfectly right, it was just an excuse :D

Well, to be true, my mother tongue is italian, not english, so it happens, sometimes, that my choice of words is not always clear! I'm sorry for that!

Anyway, now i have better understood the way that Wyrd uses to write the rules.

Thanks to you guys ! :D

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

:-p