The beast that is Killjoy?

mattausten86

I've been running him with Tara, and he's been quite a bit of fun thus far. Her ability to turn him into a missile of death is pretty fun, and you can use Karina to make him Fast while he's buried.

He hits like a ton of bricks and really requires some dedicated effort to stop, especially if he's allowed to run wild on some weaker enemies.

Yea, he is really good with any master that has the ability to support him. He is a HUGE target so you need ways to protect him and/or keep him alive. I used him in a Nicodem crew and all that healing and positive flips to attack, defense, and damage just made my opponent cry bloody tears before the night had ended.

I'll second him being insane as a guided missile in a Tara crew. I used him last night against a Marcus crew at 50 SS and he very easily killed two of the tigers in the bottom of turn 1 by himself. It was absolutely nuts. Being able to deliver a fast, unimpeded Killjoy in reach of most of the board in turn 1 while still having the option to return Tara to the safety of your deployment zone is amazingly good.

What I've been doing with a lot of success when taking Killjoy with Tara, is have Tara bury him with Pull of the Void while also giving him fast at the start of each turn (use knowledge of eternity upgrade to help winning initiative). At the end of the turn, Tara unburys a fast killjoy in range of something you want killjoy to charge and let him take 4 attacks against it. (remember, Killjoy has to charge a LEGAL target at the start of his activation if possible, not necessarily the closest target) As for mitigating the damage from Pull of the Void. Between healing on kills and his (0) action, it really takes a lot to get rid of him.

I haven't used him in a long time because of all the other models that need testing.

However, the last time I fell in love with him was in a Levi crew.

I ran Levi as fast as he could waddle twelve inches down the board and used his (0) action to pop Killjoy right in the face of a displeased Zoraida who just happened to be in charge range.

Flipped double moderate on a negative flip on my first of three attacks.

If I had managed to hit her a few more times she might have been removed from the game turn 1.

He paralyzed her next turn due to a Black Joker flip against his terrifying, which was so incredible.

Killjoy bombs are a lot of fun.

I've tried him with Zoraida, and he was an absolute monster. He took down Taelor and Johan in one activation each, and would have killed AshVik in the next turn were it not for a black Joker on one of the Damage Flips.

One way or another, he's definitely a massive target for your opponent so you need to be prepared to support him.