Question about pushes

11th Thunder

Question

14 answers to this question

As long as at every point during that push the model is moving away from you then it is legal. You are not obligated to pick a direction that isn't obstructed. So yes you could just push straight into an impassable object and stop there.

Also be clear on whether it says "push 3" away" or "push up to 3" away". One gives you an option on the distance up to a maximum of 3", the other must be 3" (unless obstructed which is the case in your scenario)

Hmm interesting. I was playing the other day and I triggered drag with a December Acolyte. There was an intervening Ht1 piece of hard cover in between the acolyte and the target. Does that mean the drag would hit the cover, expend 1" being dragged up the cover, then drop down for no extra movement and then continue the drag from there or simply stop when it hit the cover in the first place.? It isn't impassable so I'm feeling the former here.

Hmm interesting. I was playing the other day and I triggered drag with a December Acolyte. There was an intervening Ht1 piece of hard cover in between the acolyte and the target. Does that mean the drag would hit the cover, expend 1" being dragged up the cover, then drop down for no extra movement and then continue the drag from there or simply stop when it hit the cover in the first place.? It isn't impassable so I'm feeling the former here.

The model cannot pass through impassable objects (such as other models, or walls) or climb. If a Pushed Model comes into contact with an object that is impassible, the Pushed model stops in base contact with the object.

Please note that this is from the last beta PDF but I doubt it changed in the book - what I don't have at hand right now.

Right, so just to tie this up, a Belle's Lure is a push in their direction equal to your wk stat right? I have been WAY too accommodating to my opponents. I have been taking the path of least resistance to the Belle when I simply could've whacked the potential target behind something, anything! I hate lure! Oh Rasputina what have I been doing to you all these games?