Venn in Storm of Shadows

schuwa

<SPOLIER ALERT for Storm of Shadows>

As I am working my way thru the Malifaux books, I just finished the short stories at the end of Storm of Shadows. I was a bit perplexed as to the ending of the Venn / Collodi storyline. The animated man (Venn) was disabled by Grizzly Dick and then suddenly, we see the wagon pulling away re-labeled as Collodi's. My interpretation was either (1) Collodi = Venn , who "came back" and re-labeled himself as Collodi. I feel this is less likely as the story would've had to taken place during Old Malifux times, since Collodi already existed at that point per his background story in the background. Or (2) someone in the village took over the wagon and re-labeled themselves as Collodi.

Either way, my 2 interpretations re-con the background of Collodi, so someone part the clouds and explain this probably-easier-than-I-am-interpretting storyline. Thanks!

<SPOLIER ALERT for Storm of Shadows>

As I am working my way thru the Malifaux books, I just finished the short stories at the end of Storm of Shadows. I was a bit perplexed as to the ending of the Venn / Collodi storyline. The animated man (Venn) was disabled by Grizzly Dick and then suddenly, we see the wagon pulling away re-labeled as Collodi's. My interpretation was either (1) Collodi = Venn , who "came back" and re-labeled himself as Collodi. I feel this is less likely as the story would've had to taken place during Old Malifux times, since Collodi already existed at that point per his background story in the background. Or (2) someone in the village took over the wagon and re-labeled themselves as Collodi.

Either way, my 2 interpretations re-con the background of Collodi, so someone part the clouds and explain this probably-easier-than-I-am-interpretting storyline. Thanks!

I'd go with "Venn was Collodi all along using a fake name."