Tara's Stutter Time

Malicte

Question

Tara's Stutter Time ability says she "may choose to reflip the results of flips made to end the Encounter".

As I read this, if she doesn't like the result of the reflip, as it is still a flip to end the encounter, she can choose to reflip again.

Is this the correct reading, or is there some restriction on number of reflips that I haven't managed to dig up yet?

The punctuation looks like a simple typo to me. I honestly feel this has been debated to a point where issues are being voiced where, in a place where two rational people are playing, would never, ever come to light.

What I found funny was how big a problem was being made out of an extra letter when it is pretty easy to come to a fair conclusion about what the rule wants to say.

It was just an observation that I found funny. Wasn't intended to be mocking anyone.

I can easily see this being one of the first things updated in the new FAQ as I think most people understand what the intention was but it does create loopholes and questions. And it was a good point about the mirror match, that creates its own set of issues and concerns.

Anyway, based on the fact that flipping ad-infinitum is just stupid is the consensus that the re-flip is only made if Tara actually made then flip?

And in order for Tara to make the flip she needs to win initiative turn five (I believe rules state that the first player makes the flip, although I dont hve my book on me)