M2E Rasputina

Skyfire

So, about the Blessed of December, if I'm going to hire one in a Rasputina list, and, unsurprisingly, it's the only beast in the list, is there any reason not to hire Myranda instead?

And if I do so, any reason not to give her Imbued Energies for the +4 cards?

So, about the Blessed of December, if I'm going to hire one in a Rasputina list, and, unsurprisingly, it's the only beast in the list, is there any reason not to hire Myranda instead?

And if I do so, any reason not to give her Imbued Energies for the +4 cards?

I assume CRC is suggesting: Hire Myranda with Imbuded engeries for a toal of 9ss (the same as the blessed) on turn one, walk Myranda twice then sac her with her (0) for 4 cards and a blessed

you then have 4 cards (from imbuded energies) and 1 ap on the blessed thats already 12" up the field?

its does seme to be strictly better then taking blessed - (or a Sabertooth) if you dont need / want myranda around to provide buffs as well - which you may not in a raspy crew.

I think the issue is more myrandas pricing then anythign else though, this is now a second beast she can turn it that cost more then she does, allowing you to pull the imbuded engegies card draw trick, if all you really want is that higer costing beast. 4 cards would normally 2 cost you 2 stoens over two turns, so getting them in one go for 1ss seesm a bargin.

I assume CRC is suggesting: Hire Myranda with Imbuded engeries for a toal of 9ss (the same as the blessed) on turn one, walk Myranda twice then sac her with her (0) for 4 cards and a blessed

you then have 4 cards (from imbuded energies) and 1 ap on the blessed thats already 12" up the field?

its does seme to be strictly better then taking blessed - (or a Sabertooth) if you dont need / want myranda around to provide buffs as well - which you may not in a raspy crew.

I think the issue is more myrandas pricing then anythign else though, this is now a second beast she can turn it that cost more then she does, allowing you to pull the imbuded engegies card draw trick, if all you really want is that higer costing beast. 4 cards would normally 2 cost you 2 stoens over two turns, so getting them in one go for 1ss seesm a bargin.

OTP nailed it. That's was almost exactly the same analysis I came to.

There's a few points you missed though:

1. You can change your mind after you've seen the enemies crew and their deployment. Maybe you want a sabertooth / rattler / Cojo / etc instead...

2. It also protects the beast from Take Prisoner and Vendetta.

3. It's also makes Myranda an auto-choice for Murder Protégé, unless you guard her with Snow/Storm or similar.

I don't think it's broken, but it does seem like the right choice.

OTP nailed it. That's was almost exactly the same analysis I came to.

There's a few points you missed though:

1. You can change your mind after you've seen the enemies crew and their deployment. Maybe you want a sabertooth / rattler / Cojo / etc instead...

2. It also protects the beast from Take Prisoner and Vendetta.

3. It's also makes Myranda an auto-choice for Murder Protégé, unless you guard her with Snow/Storm or similar.

I don't think it's broken, but it does seem like the right choice.

I finally got to play my Rasputina. I used the starter and the cards. I did not use any generic upgrades since this is just my 1st m2e game and she was great fun. I played against Lilith with tots, cherubim, mature nephilim and other proxied figures at 35ss. I armed raspy with Shattered heart and Cold Nights.

I had a hard time with the speed that Lilith's list had but I was more than happy with the way my Gamins fared. They took damage well and can deal damage quite well. Raspy got killed by the Mature going really fast but it was more of me not protecting her well enough. The golem was really really strong though df 2 (which can be remedied by imbued energies) was weak but 10 wounds and smash is amazing!!!! My only bad performer was the Wendigo. I made the mistake of over extending it with companion and it got into this spell that made me follow a model (I forgot which). I then moved to a forest and was impotent the rest of the game. Should I have used EOP?

I found that Magical extension was a little bit of a trap with -3ca. Overall it was a good learning experience but I did have the problem of deciding when to use December's Curse and when to Freeze them.

Also, from reading the entries I see a lot of interaction with Raspy and Beasts, does she have good interaction with the MS&U? I am thinking if I want to get either the Ramos, Marcus or Kaeris starter box. I am wondering if I can interchange some of their models in the starter box. If so, which of the 3 would be of better use for Rasputina since she will be my main master.

Because frozen heart can be such a big deal, I would probably recommend picking up her fluff crew models first (December Acolytes, Blessed of December, and Snow Storm) although only the Acolytes are Wave 1.

As to the other crew boxes, I would say go with Markus', as the Sabertooth Cerberus is good withRaspy if you need another beat stick, and you can always bring Myranda to do her thing, then turn into either Sabertooth Cerberus or a Blessed of December.

Picking up some Molemen would be good for objective grabbing for any Arcanist crew.

If you're worried about going up against a Mature Nephilim, I'd recommend the Armor of December upgrade. Utilising her defensive trigger, you can survive a Ml strike reliably then push out of combat with no repercussions. Then you can make blast that Mature apart and make it realise its folly.

(It does however prevent you from taking Shattered Heart, but against a melee heavy crew I'd prefer it)