First game of v2

Iandward

Question

18 answers to this question

The book says 50ss for organized play. Personally, I enjoy 40 as my sweet spot right now as I've only played about a dozen games of M2E to this point.

Cornelious is right though, a 50ss game in M2E isn't necessarily bigger than a 30-35ss game from the old game. I wrote a blog post about this just last week under Wait, I Have To Pay For Them?

For me I agree with Guy In Suit from the last gamers lounge. The highest thing I didn't like about the additive nature was first the randomness, and second, it wasn't , per say the invincible numbers, as those can still be done, it was more the invincible numbers coupled with the positive twist that would come out of it.

From my experience it turned just about every game into a game of hope to burn your opponent out of stones before he can burn you out of yours, which some people liked, but I very much disliked.

Yeah. Old SS system turned SS users invincible vs the rest (while stones lasted at least) and made any duel between SS users a game of who draws better. The new system brings much more predictability, a thing that I welcome warmly in a wargame. But I guess there are many others who prefer the wild nature of unpredictible luck.

Figuring out how to get the best use of your Soulstones will be part of the fun. I like playing games around 45 stones because it really makes you think hard about taking an upgrade or 2 or that other minion. 50 is great fun though.

Edit: maybe this thread should be moved to general discussion. There really isn't a rules query here.