What is the buy-in price for the new Miss model?

Iron Heel

Hi,

In previous years, the "Miss" was a free-be with purchased at or above a certain threshold (I think it was $50 last year).

What is this year's threshold?

Let's say it is $50. Would I get two Misses for a single order of $100 or would it have to be two orders of $50? Does S&H factor into the total for this?

Or the threads leading up to Gencon with dozens and dozens of "Is it a Miss for each $100, or one per order over $100?". Even after it's been clearly stated.

You're the first this year. You should win a prize!! :-P

(Note, I am aware that it has not been announced in that manner this year, but regardless, be prepared for that question to be asked a bajazillion times, even after confirmation)

It is 1 Miss per order of $100 or more, if you need more miss' place multiple $100 orders :)

And pay multiple shipping costs. It's been said in years past, and I'll say it again: just make it per $100 on the order. It'll save customers shipping costs, which they could then use to pay for actual merchandise. It'll save on man hours at the distribution center, as they'll only have to box up one order per person, remembering to include one Miss per $100. And it still works out the same, rewarding dollars spent on merchandise. No one would be getting over on anything.

Given that this isn't exactly Wyrd's first Rodeo, I'm sure there are reasons they do it. It is not exactly as if your logic could have failed to escape their notice. That perspective, and I'm honestly not knocking it, comes to mind after only about 5 seconds of cognition, and Wyrd has been doing this for multiple years. There is obviously some internal reason, that they don't care to discuss with the wider community, for why they feel it is a better business decision not to do so.

Given that this isn't exactly Wyrd's first Rodeo, I'm sure there are reasons they do it. It is not exactly as if your logic could have failed to escape their notice. That perspective, and I'm honestly not knocking it, comes to mind after only about 5 seconds of cognition, and Wyrd has been doing this for multiple years. There is obviously some internal reason, that they don't care to discuss with the wider community, for why they feel it is a better business decision not to do so.

That they're singlehandedly keeping the postal system alive?

To me it's like that commercial of mothers in the same family cooking the Thanksgiving turkey and always chopping one leg off because their mom did it. When they ask the great grandma, we see a flashback of the pan for the turkey was too small for both legs, so she chopped one off.

Doing things the way you've always done them, just for the sake of always doing them that way isn't always for the best.

Edited by i_was_like_you

I will take that prize and cherish all the honor it bestows.

I'd love it if Wyrd used the Announcements board a bit more restrictively though.

Post an announcement and LOCK THE THREAD. Mods can update as info becomes availible. Let the plebs post their "I need to change my shorts" and "There goes the kids college fund" comments in other threads devoted to sharing the love & excitement for the next big thing.

Or the threads leading up to Gencon with dozens and dozens of "Is it a Miss for each $100, or one per order over $100?". Even after it's been clearly stated.

You're the first this year. You should win a prize!! :-P

(Note, I am aware that it has not been announced in that manner this year, but regardless, be prepared for that question to be asked a bajazillion times, even after confirmation)

I doubt very highly they are continuing to adhere to the miss policy simply because that is what they have always done. Personally I would expect that there is some business reason as to why they instituted that policy.

Come on, you know they're just a bunch of money hungry scrooges. They get kickbacks from the post office.

I wonder if their one-per-transaction policy is to simply limit the number of Miss models going out to a slightly lower number. The pain of placing multiple orders and the fiscal pain of multiple shipping charges is like having a rebate a mail-in rebate rather than a discount at the register, many mail-in rebates never get redeemed and thus save the company money. Giving away one per order is cheaper than giving away one per $100.00 since many may be discouraged from artificially chopping the order up.

Alternatively, it may be what it purports to be, "something special for the fans buying at/during GenCon," and they want to limit the number so each customer will keep the single Miss as the "gift" that it is, rather than getting one for themselves and then a handful more to make a profit on the secondary market.

.....or it could be neither of these things, of course.