Ikvars painting adventure (gremlins foremost, 10T and outcast later)

Ikvar

Greetings everyone,

I am very new to this hobby, but I really love every aspect of it and Malifaux have become quite a passion for me in a very short time. So I thought I would start posting my painting adventure as a new player into this whole genre(with a very poor smartphone camera though >>)

Lets start of with som'er, this is the very first model I painted some months ago, and considering it was my first I am quite proud of it :)

(please click on the image for bigger and more detailed pictures^^)

Mini1_zps9cbed902.jpg

Then I painted some of the piggies.

pig1_zpsfd71c64b.jpg

Wong(to big for the collage thing), I coated the fan with some green for his poison attack- dont know if that was a bad idea?

Wong2_zps60b97145.jpg

wong1_zps744b7eb7.jpg

Wong3_zpseee25228.jpg

And one of the latest is Ophelia.

mini3t_zpsab6e57bf.jpg

These are the first things I painted, but I am constantly learning new things and can see faults with just about every model, which I will do better the next time. So it should be fun to see where I am in a years time :)

Edit: And I would be very happy if you guys could give me some advice of what I could do better and all that :)

Edited by Ikvar

Hey Ikvar!

You have a really great start and I can see that you have talent, great paint choices.

They look very natural, especially Somer. Love the big eyes, it gives them a cartoony froglike feel.

I guess you'll develop in a great miniature painter in no time (my opinion at least).

Good you've decided to get into Malifaux and not some generically serious looking game

(miniature vise) :Paralyzed_Puppet:

Thanks for Wong, it's the first one I've seen painted.

Edited by Linus Mcmold
no real reason

Your bases look great! For being so new to the hobby, it's clear you have such an appreciation for making it as complete as possible!

Honestly, I think you have a great eye for painting and shading, and I think you are on the right track for becoming very successful. Just keep developing your style, and maybe watch some tutorials if you want some inspiration, and you will be great!

Thank you so much for all the kind words!

It really means a lot to me, to know that I have an okay standard already so I shouldent be ashamed when I go to tournaments, and even more so as I have applied to be a Henchman- I really want to show new players how awsome Wyrds models are :)

I would love some more constructive criticism though, as I think that is the best way to go forward. But I will definitely watch some more youtube videos for tutorials and so on :)