Webmonkey's Garage Kits,...

Webmonkey

New Update!!!

Went ahead and did the work. I didn't take picture of the step by step,.. but the process is the same as all the other stuff. Flesh tone, shadows, pastels,... add the eyes by hand,.. (I can give you guys the exact steps if anyone is actually interested) And I still have to do the hair in a color.

But as for now,.. here's where I'm at,..

post-8871-13911929875217_thumb.jpg

post-8871-13911929876289_thumb.jpg

post-8871-13911929877222_thumb.jpg

I hate taking these pictures at night because my camera tends to white-wash or discolor stuff a lot. But believe me, even if the pictures don't show it, the skin shading is fantastic.

Anyways,.. enjoy!!!

Small change in the order. I think I need to do the wings first. Why?? Because when the hair falls from the back of the head, it'll need to lay between the wings, or on the outside of the wings. Improper positioning, may make it so that I can't attach the wings at all. These wings were what actually drew me to this model in the first place. Clockwork butterfly wings just aren't something I see very often.

I've included a picture of the wings. The bit on the left shows the individual pieces, and the one on the right shows more or less what they'll look like when assembled. If you look, you'll notice that the moulding process left a bit of a "skin" in the webbing of the wings. That's why some sections are solid and others have holes in them.

So then, first order of business,... hollowing out the wings. After that, I need to decide on a paint scheme. Should I bring the purple and black up into the wings? Or, because they're clockwork, a metallic of some kind? silver? gold? perhaps both??

Hrmmm,.. thoughts??

post-8871-13911929962272_thumb.jpg

small update for all three of my followers,.. *lol*

Here's what a few days and a file gets me. Now, lets see what happens with the paint.

post-8871-1391192996864_thumb.jpg

I left certain sections filled in for a little depth and contrast in the paint. It'll make a bit more sense when you guys see the paint applied.