Auto-Draw WP Duels?

D-A-C

Question

Hey guys.

Could someone point me to the page in the rulebook where it explains that you can have your own models draw (and thus be effected by) any willpower duels being instigated by your own models.

I.e I want to lure Seamus out of combat with a Rotten Belle but he resists too high on the flip ... where does it state I can draw the duel and thus have him be affected by it without having to resort to cheating in a lower or higher card?

Also am I understanding it right that:

1. If it states a model at the end of a push with the one pulling it suffers a melee strike ala Rotten Belles, that I HAVE to do this?

2. You can't draw down attack/defence duels on your own models so the attacks go through, but have to cheat them down?

I.e I want McMouring to Kill a Canine Remain. After Attack/Defence flips McMourning is on CB 8 vs the Dog CB 10 I would have to cheat in a higher card for McMouring or lower card for the dog and cannot just draw the combat allowing it to go through at a double negative flip ala Willpower duels?

Thanks.

10 answers to this question

In the little rulebook, it's on page 51, right at the top. And it's for all spells, not just WP resist spells. The model chooses to tie the duels, so anything that does damage, etc, is automatically at a - -

1. Yes, if Seamus ends in range of the Belle, you have to strike him. However, the spell doesn't specify which weapon you have to use, so as long as you're in 1" you can always bash instead of using her weapons.

2. You can only tie spells, not attack or defense, those have to be cheated as normal.

If you have your Canine Remains (or any other model in your crew you plan on murdering) take defensive stance (defender's defense flip receives :+fate :+fate) as their first action, then when they are attacked, you can choose the lowest card of the three they flip, making it far more likely they'll be hit and far less likely you'll have to cheat cards from your hand (for either model, in either direction).

With the auto draw. Do you.have to flip a card before saying you want to dare the total... also I have another question. When you are effected by something that says you have neg for all Wp duels does this include static Checks like terror checks or harmless? Say a insidious madness puts up its neg flip bubble and then someone has to take a terror check against chompy it would be a neg? Please help

1. Yes, if Seamus ends in range of the Belle, you have to strike him. However, the spell doesn't specify which weapon you have to use, so as long as you're in 1" you can always bash instead of using her weapons.

Unfortunately, I believe BASH has been removed from ME2.

If you are speaking of 2.0 then there is no problem. First because the auto attack feature was removed from the Lure Spell, it is now on a separate ability called Pounce. Pounce only works on Enemy Models, and it is worded "May" so that should you not wish to take the strike on the enemy model you don't have to.

In 1.0, yes you have to take the strike, but as has been mentioned earlier you can just use Bash.