so...having 2 sword viks on the field

The Godlyness

"Weapon Selection: When deploying these models at the start of the game, you must select one Viktoria model. Selected Viktoria’s Masamune Nihonto gains Paired, but loses Clockwork Pistol. The models used must accurately reflect this weapon selection."

This Ability is listed on both Sword Vik and Gun Vik, and worded the same way in both cases.

From the wording, I would argue that any Viktoria summoned during the game can only ever be a Gun Vik. That's the way I've played it so far, at any rate.

so lets say your pistol vik dies to horrible horrible things and your left with sword vik. then you use "another on?" to summon a second sword vik any problems with that?

You, sir, are an evil man for even trying such a thing and clearly belong in the special hell. :)

It strikes me as the sort of bendy corner case idea which is counter to the spirit of the game if not the letter. Sometimes the question isn't "can I?" but "should I?"

Here you go.

And i sir raise you "Sisters" Crews hiring this model as a master begin the game with 2 viks. A crew can have a maximum of 2 Viks in play at a time.

---------- Post added at 05:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 AM ----------

"Weapon Selection: When deploying these models at the start of the game, you must select one Viktoria model. Selected Viktoria’s Masamune Nihonto gains Paired, but loses Clockwork Pistol. The models used must accurately reflect this weapon selection."

This Ability is listed on both Sword Vik and Gun Vik, and worded the same way in both cases.

From the wording, I would argue that any Viktoria summoned during the game can only ever be a Gun Vik. That's the way I've played it so far, at any rate.

that i might have to agree on. let me ponder

You can't do it because there is no way to summon a "Sword Vik"

Victoria has a Clockwork Pistol and Masamune Nihonto.

The Weapon Selection ability makes you specify one of your two models (which are really both "Gun Vik") to lose its pistol and gain paired swords when deploying at the start of the game.

The "Sword Vik" card merely reflects the swap that takes place upon deployment.

It is no longer the start of the game, you cannot swap. You can, however, double up on "Gun Viks".

No...You can't double up on either Vik. You get one of each and can replace / resummon the missing one.

From the FAQ, first page, under General:

What happens when a model attempts something that it couldn’t do, like cast a Spell to create an additional Rare model when my Crew’s maximum number of that model are in play, or casts a borrowed Spell that requires a Weapon/Ability my model doesn’t have?

You cannot attempt the Action. If the Action would not work, reset back to before the Action began. If an event would require the model to enter play (such as a Pine Boxed third Viktoria coming into play when a Death Marshal is removed from play) the model does not enter play.

I guess I don't see how summoning a Viktoria would be illegal when there is only one in play and I don't know how you would get to the Weapon Selection to make one lose its pistol and gain paired, unless some specific ruling was made.

It's not the best worded ruling, and, yes, I agree that the cards could use better wording. But you only ever get one of each Viktoria: One Sword Mistress and one Bounty Hunter.

Each of the Viktoria's are individually unique, since they are each unique, you can only have one of each in play at a time.

http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?21503-quot-Another-One-quot-Summon-resolution

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

Now, here's another ruling, that didn't get a stamp from a Marshal, that should blow your minds. Any ronin will do:

The spell ask that you sacrifice a ronin within 2 inches to summon another viktoria.

Can you sacrifice an opponent's ronin instead of one of yours?

Yes you can. If your opponent is playing the Viktorias and you have ronin, make sure to keep them away.

But to be honest, Another One is a very rarely cast spell, I don't think this is over powered. You can also use their always for hire rule even if they are controlled by your opponent.

http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?25083-Viktoria-s-Another-one&highlight=viktoria