Union Miners Rule Clarification

kross1

Last night I ran 2 UniosMiners, Johan & Willie. Johan was in 1 corner, Willie in the other, & both the miners in the middle, both Will & Johan moved straight up the field, I then bury both miner's. When I place them back in play do they both have to go to (let's say )Johan or can I split them between Johan & Willie?

2nd question deals Marcus, I was in melee, I cast Wild Heart, I take Fox & Hare, (Hare allows me to walk my charge range, & ignore intervening models & terrain) do I need to avoid a disembarking strike or not.

Thanx in advance!

Kross

No idea about the first. I don't have the cards but I believe they just need to be placed in base contact with an M&S member since both should appear at the same time and there was no other miner.

For the second one, I think you still need to do the disengage strike since it is still a walk. If it said push you would be fine, but because it is written as a walk you still need to do it

Torakage do nearly the same thing as the Miners, but they can pop up next to separate 10T models.

File False Claim This model's controller discards one Card. Bury this model. After all models have activated this turn, simultaneously Place this model and any other buried friendly Union Miners completely within 6" of a friendly Union Miner in play. If no friendly Union Miners are in play when buried Union Miners should be Placed, Place them completely within 6" of a friendly M&SU member in play. If no friendly M&SU Members remain, these models are removed from the game as casualties.

Shadow Stride Bury this model. During the Resolve Effects Step, simultaneously unbury all friendly Torakage buried by this Ability completely within 8" of a friendly Ten Thunders model. If no friendly Ten Thunders models are in play when this model would unbury, remove it from the game as killed instead.

http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?38917-Misaki-Crew&p=505535#post505535

Edited by i_was_like_you

Yeah, but do both buried union miners need to be within 6" of the same M&SU member?

As to the Marcus quandary, that's how we played it, but I was wondering why, when he ignores models & intervening terrain. I'm not trying to be that "guy", just new & trying to understand my crew!;p

Kross

Based on how it is worded, it looks like they need to be by the same model. File False Claim is full of plurals, which would lead me to believe that when more then one is buried, regardless of location to other miners, they come up within 6" of the same model. Granted, they can effectively be about a foot apart if you place them on opposite ends of that 6" range, but I would hazard that the rule is fairly clear that it needs to be the same one.

I'm glad you pointed this out, btw, I've always had them pop up together, but I always thought I could do some annoying things with other pop up targets on certain strategies, like line in the sand for example.

The wording is similar, especially this part, which is what seems to allow the ninjas to pop up next to different models:

...simultaneously Place this model and any other buried friendly Union Miners completely within 6" of a friendly Union Miner in play.

...simultaneously unbury all friendly Torakage buried by this Ability completely within 8" of a friendly Ten Thunders model.

So I'd hazard a guess that the Miners can also pop up next to different models.

The discrepancies come in with regards to the wording of unbury vs Place and when they happen, after all models have activated this turn vs during the Resolve Effects Step.

See I was one of those guys popping them up all over the place, I really enjoyed that aspect to.them. I reread the pullmyfinger article on them, but no answers there.

Where are you located in Texas, Mr. Goggles, & are you going to Magcon?

Kross

Edited by kross1

Marcus needs to make disengaging strikes when under Hare. He can walk straight through a model, but still needs to test to leave their melee range.

And Union Miners rule! But I don't know the answer to that question. I think I've always played it the same model they appear next to, but can't confirm it.

I have to agree that you choose one M&SU member and unbury within 6" of that model. But this is hardly a problem because if you have multiple M&SU members on the field then your opponent will have trouble predicting where the miners are going to pop up. After all a foot is a pretty big area on a 3x3 board.