Building The Dreamer for a Friend

IntereoVivo

...and I need a balanced 25ss list. What would you build?

Off the top of my head I'm thinking something like:

Neverborn Crew - 25 - Scrap

The Dreamer
--
6 Pool

2 Daydreams [4ss]

• Night Terror
    [3ss]

• Night Terror
    [3ss]

• Stitched Together
    [5ss]

• Teddy
    [9ss]

Would that be alright? has some speed for objective grabbing, some tech (in the stitched) for screwing with your opponent and some hitting power (Teddy/LCB).

Or would this be better for learning:

The Dreamer
--
7 Pool

2 Daydreams [4ss]

• Teddy
    [9ss]

• Teddy
    [9ss]

I'm not a huge fan of teddy's personally. I'd be strongly in favor of coppelius unless your local meta tends against living models.

The two teddy list in particular is the polar opposite of what I'd think of as balanced. It can be fun (as can the three teddy variant) but it's highly specialized and very likely to get taken out by a more balanced force unless you get the right strategies.

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

Maybe something like this:

The Dreamer
--
8 Pool

2 Daydreams [4ss]

• Alp
    [3ss]

• Stitched Together
    [5ss]

• Weaver Widow
    [9ss]

LCB is your big hitter at first. WW gives you summoning, either of dolls or a teddy. Stitched are generically uber. The alp is just thrown in to give a couple more tools in the tool box. Overall the force is pretty WP duel heavy but still seems balanced to me given the price point. 25ss always seems really skimpy to me.

Alternately you could drop the alp and add a second stitched with one less pool.

The Dreamer's hires tend to be somewhat expensive so he doesn't have a lot of balanced all-rounder list option at 25ss. I'd suggest following Joel's advice. After all, Night Terrors pretty much work on their own, without the Dreamer's help, so there's not much need to learn to use them with him as opposed to using them with another (Reser) master.

Coppelius and Teddy are the same SS cost, but Coppelius gives you healing flips and access to Alps-summoning, Poison and Paralysis, so I personally prefer him over Teddy.

And you probably want two Stitched just so you can always have a bodyguard for the Dreamer.

For the Dreamer I like:

Stitched Together

Night Terrors

Insidious Madness

Coppelius

>>Alps (to be summoned by Coppelius)

You'll also want a pack of Daydreams.

If you buy the box set, a pack of Daydreams and a Pack of Alps, you'll be golden.

If you want to branch out, then I'd look at Insidious Madnesses and Night Terrors.

Teddy is fun. Especially as a Nightmare, but I feel he's even more fun if Baby Kade is on the board as well...

So I'm looking at the Dreamer as well, and I'm kinda thinking a few different things. I like night Terrors, Stitched Together, and daydreams, as well as the Dreamer/LCB, obviously. Can this make a viable list, or do I need more?

Edited by GKP

All depends on the schemes and strategies. Night Terrors are going to be your objective grabbers for the most part. They don't do much else. I started with the dreamer, and the box with a pack of daydreams was enough to get me familiar with the game

After that I got the Night Terrors, Alps, and Teddy. At 25 stick with the Box and Daydreams. As you get into bigger stone games, that's when I would start to use some other models like Teddy, the Twins, and others.