Nicodem Dead mans Shepherd

96p

Hey guys,

I just finished my new Crew, Nicodem the Undertaker. To me Nicodem allways seemed to be very boring... until I found the one model that made him interesting to me: Hamelin the Ratcatcher. With the inclusion of Hamelin the Crew finally had the shenanigans it needed to be fun for me.

The basic Idea behind the Crew is that of a victorian cemetery with autumn styled bases that contrast with the blue glowing eyes of the undead.

Nicodem

nicodem.jpg

Gravespirit

gravespirit.jpg

Hamelin

hamelin.jpg

Merc

mercuu.jpg

Doggies

canine.jpg

Braaaaaaains

zombiestq.jpg

Rafkin

rafkin.jpg

Gargoyles

nightft.jpg

Feel free to comment ;)

Edited by 96p

Thx Guys !

The autumn/fall them is genius for Nico! Where did you get the Desperate Merc?

It's the original one with a custom made bowler hat, the axe of a GW imperial militia man and the lantern of a crooked man.

I really like the Hamelin model. The tree is a really nice touch.

the base looked so empty without it^^

96P,

I wish I could really know if someone was serious when they asked for comments or criticism, but I spent the time looking at your models and all the others comments and heres where Im at.

The Good: You bases are pretty impressive.

The Bad(My opinion only): The models don't possess enough contrast in the colors for my liking. I kinda wish you would have used some whites and darkened them for a little more contrast. Also some of your lighting are far too strong, did someone rip Nicos zombies eyes out and put blue flashlights in the sockets? Ratkin hand is covering most of that bottle is that much light still excaping it? I think you got the merk light right. I'm not sure where I am with Hamlin.

Nighthater

96P,

I wish I could really know if someone was serious when they asked for comments or criticism, but I spent the time looking at your models and all the others comments and heres where Im at.

The Good: You bases are pretty impressive.

The Bad(My opinion only): The models don't possess enough contrast in the colors for my liking. I kinda wish you would have used some whites and darkened them for a little more contrast. Also some of your lighting are far too strong, did someone rip Nicos zombies eyes out and put blue flashlights in the sockets? Ratkin hand is covering most of that bottle is that much light still excaping it? I think you got the merk light right. I'm not sure where I am with Hamlin.

Nighthater

I do infact like honest criticism, after all it's the only way I'll get better ;)

The low contrast is infact intended. I prefer dark and gritty (hope thats the right word) to the often used comic style and too much colour would have contrasted to much with the very colourful basing and the blue lighting. Nicodems zombies was meant to glow like a flashlight as I wanted a strong ligthing to make him stand out from his horde of zombies. The process of summoning a new one accured to me as the perfect source for such a strong lighting. Rafkin isn't my favorite either as he's pretty extreme in his lighting, partly due to lack of details that could be lighted.

I was thrown off a bit by the light effects when I first saw your pics, but I've really taken a liking to them. I get the feeling like they could be that strong of all of that was taking place at night in some creepy cemetery.

I'm toying around with some sin city esque minis, and am probably going to steal some of your style for em.

Really really love your work. You started anything else?

I was thrown off a bit by the light effects when I first saw your pics, but I've really taken a liking to them. I get the feeling like they could be that strong of all of that was taking place at night in some creepy cemetery.

I'm toying around with some sin city esque minis, and am probably going to steal some of your style for em.

Really really love your work. You started anything else?

This is my fifth Crew as I plan to have one of every Faction. The other ones can be found in my signature. Right now there's a complete Misaki Crew sitting on my painting table but I can't decide on a base style...

• 1 month later...

Just... lovely. Awesome work, dude. I'm so jealous of your painting skills.

And also, loving how you used GW minis; I got a pile of them extra and now I know what to do with them. :P Thanks for the idea, hopefully you don't mind if I copy? (Don't have any use for VC with the pile of idiotism called FB 8th edition)