Help with starting for guild

Stefan0620

Okay, so I'm learning to play Malifaux and I've picked the guild as the group I'm going to start with.

Now, I picked up the Lady Justice box set, and from the semi understanding of the game I have from watching people play, she seems like a pretty good beat stick. Am I correct in this, or no? And is the rest of the box a good deal, or are Death Wardens and The Judge not so good?

Lastly I suppose, are the guild riflemen good? Cause the models look awesome, and if they're good I'd really like to include them.

Any help you guys can provide would be excellent, thanks.

Also, if this isn't the correct forum for this, sorry, I couldn't find a place that seemed more appropriate.

Well there is an overall look at starting the guild linked in my signature.

-Lady Justice is definitely a great melee master, but she does best against one or two models and will get swarmed to death if you throw her into too many. While Riposte is a nasty deterrent, Df5 makes her pretty easy to hit.

-The Judge is a good bodyguard for the faster guild masters, and a good melee model on his own. Death Marshall are the base-line for 4 point guild models, since they are a steal for the ranged capabilities as well as being decent in melee.

-Haven't had a chance to play them yet, but the riflemen look good on paper for a 4pt ranged model. It does look like you need to at least take them in pairs to get the most out of them.

The Guardian is perfect for Lady Justice. He's the protection aspect she needs, and a meleer who can charge in first if need be. I like running two with her. I'm also hearing good things about Sidir with Justice, but can't comment first hand.

EDIT: The Death Marshals are good, but they are good because they're cheap models with ranged Critical Strike. These days, I prefer Wastrels.

Lucius is also not a bad idea for Justice. Lucius is very annoying to take out, and Justice can easily hide back behind cover in the Deployment zone until Lucius uses his reinforcements ability to drop her within 4" of himself, ready for her to unload on any model that gets close to Lucius. I don't have a ton of experience facing this, but from what I've seen it looks solid...