Coffee on the edge of town

kiwiterrain

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

post-12190-13911927598458_thumb.jpg

this is just to show the paving

i made this buy cutting thousands of them out of card and glueing them on in a few different patterns,

i made some parts of the roads damaged and the paving look rough,

befor i painted the roads i cover them in glue and fine sand, after the glue was dry i brushed most of the sand off just to give it some exta texture,

Amazing.

So, the glass section just comes off to play on it? I'd be worried about it breaking when it's not on the table (and I'd have absolutely nowhere safe to set it, anyways).

Definitely inspirational. I just want to drop the middle 3' x 3' of my gaming table down so that I can put sewer down there, and install a new insert to go in the gap when I need a full table.

post-12190-13911927600791_thumb.jpg

ok this is just showing a bit of step by step,

as for the painting i started by spray painting black, over brushed with different brown and grays and dry brushed with lighter colours

i found that it was still to plane so i went and put different colours on some of the coners of differnt pavers, it look funny close up but looks really good from eye level

after i was all dry i went thought with same oil paint washs and weather pigments to make it look worn and old

i must say im not 100% happy with the end result, i was going for on old rough look but i think it could have look better if i spent more time lining up the paver better more evenly

post-12190-13911927598717_thumb.jpg

post-12190-13911927599141_thumb.jpg

post-12190-13911927599513_thumb.jpg

post-12190-13911927599925_thumb.jpg

post-12190-13911927600418_thumb.jpg

Amazing.

So, the glass section just comes off to play on it? I'd be worried about it breaking when it's not on the table (and I'd have absolutely nowhere safe to set it, anyways).

Definitely inspirational. I just want to drop the middle 3' x 3' of my gaming table down so that I can put sewer down there, and install a new insert to go in the gap when I need a full table.

yip the top comes off to play on,

the glass is 6mm thick toughend safty glass so it is quite strong and you can put hot things on it too

So basically skin tone, heavily washed in red inks? :0

---------- Post added at 07:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 AM ----------

I did that effect differently on my models. I based the muscle parts with pink, yes pink, and then highlights slightly with skin tones. Heavy duty washing in a mix between red and black washes, followed up by a slight wash in brown and some purple here or there.

It does look much darker though. Might give your go a try. :)

I really like your Doppelganger! (not to mention all the amazing work you've done on those boards.) The only thing is the eyes look slightly too big in her face somehow. They're very well painted, just look odd to me. Her back looks fantastic though and so the blood along the ground is a really nice touch.