Cracking Hoffman

redbadger

Kang for 8SS. Trigger Crack Casing giving a Construct Easy to Wound 1. If he kills one, all friendly living Minions gain + to Casting and Attack Flips.

Also a Cb 7 3/4/6 weapon is not that bad at hitting things.

I mean, if you want to break some Armor Constructs quickly.

Also, Torakage to Bury a Construct Hoff is attached to.

Also, Torakage to Bury a Construct Hoff is attached to.

Huh? Torakage only Bury themselves.

I've been playing Misaki a lot but I've never faced the Hoff-ball. I'd take Shang with Misaki and use Downburst a lot to push the ball apart. I'd try Kang and Taelor for killing - maybe with a Torakage to get them into combat - and a 10T Bro to companion them.

Edit: Archer might not be bad since it can ignore a model blocking it's LoS.....so if Hoff is hiding behind a Peacekeeper. Only problem there is the Hoff can move pretty quick and may be able to shut that down. It's a gamble.

I second craigs build

2 torakage+10 thunder bro+ 2 rail workers. When the ball gets in range the 10t bro activated chaining the the other for, torakge get into to positon swap in teh rail workers who go to town, with armor ignoring strikes with impacable assault. If you done it cleverly this should have broken his expensive toy and perhaps allowed you to swap the rail out but a torakage back and then have him walk away to safety. Ah movement tricks.

You'd be surprised at how well Downburst works. Especially if Misaki and Shang companion to cast it twice in a row. If he doesn't cheat, things are getting pushed.....if he does cheat, he is wasting a lot of cards.....then a Decapitate or two will really ruin his day. And when you get Taelor in, he won't have cards to cheat to defend with.....she will destroy any construct in one activation.

I've played against the Hoff-ball a couple of times w/ my Misaki crew (which was essentially the box + Yamaziko). I really just wanted to reinforce how useful Downburst was. Even if your opponent cheats to resist all of the duels, they're burning their entire hand to keep their troops bunched up. If you're able to cast it again, chances are they'll be failing a few of those duels, and then you can go in and start dismantling the Hoff-ball. Also, pay attention to the Protect chain order.

Plus, Ototo smashing things is fun.

If your willing to branch out from missaki huggy and yin can both force a lot of wp tests. huggy can also breat the ball up by his obey effect once they have brillance. Also note that hoff himself is not immune to wp tests, lure him out in open and smash. Alpha strike with 10t brother is best bet tho. All those models are good options for general guild fighting so you dont have to out list just that one crew. Timing is everything when it comes to the hoff ball.

Also a nice trick with 10t is hire a few traps and or some desperate mercs. These will let you out activate him then go for the alpha strike with rail workers. If you win first go the next turn you can put some serious hirt on before he can react at all.